G10/T5 Help Needed Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnockZilla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Hello all, first post looking for some help. I am trying to hit the G10 and T5 Sat's with no luck at all. Here is what I have.

1) Horizon 75cm dish
2) Standard LNB I guess -- It has markings of FSS Digital KU LNB with a freq range of 11.7 to 12.2
3) I'm trying to aim from the Phila area.
4) Confused on skew of lnb. Which way to turn.
5) What settings do I enter into my pansat 2500 receiver?
6) There is no line on the LNB for skewing. Do I use the seem as the line?

I have tried everything and can't pick up either sat. I have a clear view in the direction that I am pointing. What should I do? Please help

The lnb should be straight up and down to start with once you find a satellite then you can skew the LNB slightly to boost your signal, but not until you get "quality" on the the signal meter, signal strength means nothing at this point!
For T5 use the below......

Elevation= 39 deg.
Azimuth= 212 deg. (on a compass, you need one)
Skew= 24 deg. (set this AFTER you find the satellite)

Aim for one of these transponders on T5

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

PSB said:
The lnb should be straight up and down to start with once you find a satellite then you can skew the LNB slightly to boost your signal, but not until you get "quality" on the the signal meter, signal strength means nothing at this point!
For T5 use the below......

Elevation= 39 deg.
Azimuth= 212 deg. (on a compass, you need one)
Skew= 24 deg. (set this AFTER you find the satellite)

Aim for one of these transponders on T5

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

I am using the Pansat 2500. What setting if any do I need to make for setting up the LNB under the installation? Under LNB type in the setup what settings should I be using? I don't understand what you mean when you say aim for a certain transponder. I am new at this. Thanks for your help.

Standard LNB settings are 10750
I mean punch in/enter, the transponder Frequency it will have 5 digits for Ku band
then punch in the Polarity H=Horizontal or V=Vertical
and punch in the Symbol rate, then move your dish until you get quality.

These blind/smart search receiver can be also used as a tool to find satellites, make sure everything is set up in the antenna LNB area then just do a blind scan and see what satellite you pick up sometimes its easier to work back from there, but the dish has to be point correctly or you will get nothing, what satellite are you aiming at and whats the closest big town, I suggest trying to hit IA5 (T5) first.

Found Something, but not sure what

PSB said:
These blind/smart search receiver can be also used as a tool to find satellites, make sure everything is set up in the antenna LNB area then just do a blind scan and see what satellite you pick up sometimes its easier to work back from there, but the dish has to be point correctly or you will get nothing, what satellite are you aiming at and whats the closest big town, I suggest trying to hit IA5 (T5) first.

OK, here is what I did. I used a signal meter to find a signal. Then did a Blind Scan with the 2500. Found 22 transponders with only about 6 or 7 channels. 2 ABC and 2 CBS Live news feeds. The CBS Feeds are strong. The ABC Feeds are weak. I tried to tweak the dish and skew the lnb. No luck on bringing in the signal stronger. Blomberg is also on this Sat. Very strong signal on that as well. There are some stations that have a blank screen and they are labeled Channel 1 through 8. Does anybody have any idea what Sat I'm on? There is also a Redwood Ca live news feed.

I still can't seem to find T5 or G10R. I think I found AMC4 also. Could the reason I can't find T5 or G10 be that the compass I'm using is a cheapo or doesn't that make much of a difference as long as I am in the general direction? Again, I'm in the Phila area. Thanks for your help.

You seem to be on T6 (IA6), loads of news feeds there : ) Just note the position of this satellite then move left or right slightly and do another blind scan, the next two or three satellites at each side of T6 will be at the same elevation, good luck!

I would go for T5 (IA5) next its only +5 deg to the right from behind the dish, thats a VERY small amount to move the dish to the west

You guys are a big help

It sure is nice to find helpful people like you guys especially for a new guy like me who is a little lost but learning slowly. If it is T6 that I am on is there any way to bring all the signals in strong? It seems like the ABC TP is very weak but yet CBS is pretty strong as is Blomberg. I am using a 75cm dish. Could that be the problem? If I move to a 90cm will it improve my signal strength on the weak TP's. The thing I don't understand is that my sig strength is approximately 40 to 50 percent, Then drops to zero and back and forth without ever touching the dish. What is the fix, a bigger dish or just accept the choppy ABC feeds? Thanks again.

The feeds are not a TV service and they come and go a bit here also, I guess you have tried moving your LNB left and right slightly, and in and out from the dish slightly to see if you can tweek the signal any, a bigger dish and a better LNB is about all you can do if you are sure you have a perfect line of sight and the dish is pointed spot on!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts