G10r 11800 v signal low

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
For the last three weeks I've been unable to get sufficient signal on the 18000 v transponder and have lost 8 really good channels. I'm still getting the other transponders fine and they are much stronger. The 11800 shows an approximate 38-40% quality on my Fortec and that isn't enough for it to work.

Anyone else notice a drop in this particular transponder? Fox, UPN, Pentagon, UWTV, Research Channel and others still come in strong.

My signal was marginal before, but now it is simply too low. So you do notice a difference beginning 2-3 weeks ago? Drives me nuts, because some transponders on G10R are 75-80% quaility.

oh yeah...some of the TP's were 75 (11800). 11720 is always low and we know why

Heck, even 12114 is only peaking at 75 (use to be 99)

I'll have to check my 36" dish and see what I get...I use a 30" right now

It was jumping between 40 and 45% last night and I started getting a pixelated tranmission on G10 18000.

Anyone else have a Fortec Ultra and find that the threshold for quality is around 40 %?

I don't have a Fortec nor is there a tree in the way, but my signals on G10 in the last 3 years have gone down about 25-30% compared to late 2002 on a Primestar 40X30. Only the 12114 channels have stayed the same at 98. Tr 9 has backhauls and those are 80% unwatchable on most weekends.

When I'm on G10, I sometimes have to bump it one way or the other if I'm getting a pixelated signal and it comes in. But, when this happens the other channels seem to get weaker. Then again at times, there's good enough quality on all channels. My suggestion, Bump it!

Al

Definately been bumping it back and forth. Watchable signal is usually around 2 bumps wide, then two more east/west of centre with signal, but unwatchable.

I'm not having any problems on 11800, but as Iceberg noted, 11720 is really low. The minute it sprinkles rain, I'm done with that transponder. One thing to keep in mind is that you have IAS13/E*9 just 2 degrees to the East. That satellite puts out alot of signal. You may get better results on an eliptical dish (Ala primestar) or a slightly larger antenna with a smaller horizontal beamwidth. Everytime I move the dish (90 cm), the spectrum analyzer display just sort of morphs when I move between G10 and IAS13.

Matt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any HD FTA Receivers

KKZR 93.3 "The Razor"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)