G10R is a time warp!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
(dragging this thread up from page two...)

I've been out of the game for months and months now. Tuning up my old G10R setup, I can't even lock onto 11720 using my 1.2m (though I could have sworn it did yesterday testing my smaller dish). Is Lyngsat (as usual) way out of date? Someone with some patience, a few moments, and a blind scan want to give me a quick run-through of what's still on that bird, and where? It'd really help my now-stationary setup. And I'll... give you a cookie. Or something. :p

Lyngsat

CharredPC said:

I've been out of the game for months and months now. Tuning up my old G10R setup, I can't even lock onto 11720 using my 1.2m (though I could have sworn it did yesterday testing my smaller dish). Is Lyngsat (as usual) way out of date? Someone with some patience, a few moments, and a blind scan want to give me a quick run-through of what's still on that bird, and where? It'd really help my now-stationary setup. And I'll... give you a cookie. Or something. :p

As a total noob, I tried Lyngsat when I slaved to my BUD (after joining this forum)....Lyngsat gives you a great listing of what is on all FTA sats...just look for the "F" (free) as a starter in the sat's listings!

Jeff

CharredPC said:

I've had stuff mysteriously disappear for a short while on G10r. 11800's UPN station seems to have the strongest signal and never drops out. I'd start there and work towards 11720, because if you can't get 11800, you'll never get 11720, at least where I am.

CharredPC said:

Haven't seen you in awhile! Most of the old stuff is still there (Tube is sadly gone, replaced by RetroJams :( ). The same old transponders. Maybe dish needs tweaking? A storm could have moved something...

Yeah, it went out entirely again, so unless the angry drunk neighbors cut the coax (see the Comcast forum) it needed further alignment anyhow :) Will try and get out there tomorrow to fix things.... really missed this hobby! *mourns for the loss of The Tube*

Hello,

I have found 11719 to be much weaker than 11799 frequency - it wasn't
like this a year or two back the way I remember it...
and then on my 31" smaller dish it seems to vary a lot also. (11719 channels)

FTA ABC 27 Florida local news on G10

Seems to be showing up at 11pm EST for the last two nights. Only the news no commercials. I haven't checked at other times yet

wtxl.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

help to setup my fortec with motor

Spin you own dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts