G10R/Ku Stations: Now I Get Them, Now I Don't

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1FatDaddy

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Arkansas
Last night, after not being able to receive the majority of the stations on G10/Ku, except the Fox and Upn stations from Ft. Smith, I finally was able
to pick up the remainder of the Equity stations. That is, until I made the
mistake of turning my Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver off for a while (I turned
the receiver off from the remote, not by flipping the switch on the back of
the unit). After about 20 minutes, I returned to turn the unit back on, and
was not able to receive even one station on G10. I tried to re-scan, and
again received nothing. I didn't move my dish, or do anything else, except
turn the receiver off. Am I supposed to leave the unit on all the time, or
could there be a problem with my DiSEqC switch? Anyone? Thanks!

Flick the switch on the back and unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power up. If that does not work a Factory Default will be needed.

The DiSEqC switches can fail if they are connected/disconnected when the receiver is still plugged in!

What kind of dish/LNB are you using? Is this on your BUD? Do you have a polarizer or seperate LNBs for Vertical and Horizontal?

Also, in your other thread, you mentioned that you have a BUD slave kit.. Try turning off your Analog reciever (it may be selecting your polarity for you, and overriding the settings in the coolsat)

Folks, I've tried doing all of these things mentioned (turning off switch on the back of the unit and unplugging it for a little while, and also doing a
factory reset). All I can receive on G10/Ku is east and west feeds of
The Outdoor Channel, feeds of SoapNet, and feeds of Toon Disney. Thats it.
I've tried adjusting the skew, and tried moving the dish a little east and west and still nothing works. I do remember disconnecting one cable from
one side of the Diseqc switch to the other so I could receive C-band signals
that I couln't get otherwise without turning off and unplugging the unit. Could this have messed up my Diseqc switch? Thanks for putting up with me! I just want to enjoy FTA programming like you folks.

1FatDaddy said:
Folks, I've tried doing all of these things mentioned (turning off switch on the back of the unit and unplugging it for a little while, and also doing a
factory reset). All I can receive on G10/Ku is east and west feeds of
The Outdoor Channel, feeds of SoapNet, and feeds of Toon Disney. Thats it.
I've tried adjusting the skew, and tried moving the dish a little east and west and still nothing works. I do remember disconnecting one cable from
that I couln't get otherwise without turning off and unplugging the unit. Could this have messed up my Diseqc switch? Thanks for putting up with me! I just want to enjoy FTA programming like you folks.
The channels you are seeing are all C-Band. You might need to go switch the cable again :)

I was receiving the Equity channels on Ku after I switched cables on the
Diseqc. It was a matter of receiving them one minute, and after turning
the Coolsat off, they disappeared, and I haven't been able to get them since. Who knows?

How old is that LNB?

It may be time for a "newer" model :)

I'm not sure. I bought this system used from a satellite dealer about 3 years ago. It has a C/Ku feedhorn on it. What kind of LNB do any of you
suggest? Thanks!

1FatDaddy said:
I do remember disconnecting one cable from
that I couln't get otherwise without turning off and unplugging the unit. Could this have messed up my Diseqc switch?
I would almost bet that you fried one of the ports on your diseqc switch, try using another port (dont forget to go into the antenna setup screen and change ports there).

I belive I've damaged by diseqc 4x1 also by constantly disconnecting and connecting it while the receiver is on. What are the symptoms of a bad switch. With me I sometimes have trouble with the picture freezing on either h or v channels, or it will freeze up when changing channels going to another satellite.

This question is kind of off topic, but i've had a customer who is having trouble getting G10 since monday. He has a motorized setup and is able to get 79-119 but once his motor gets to 123 he loses all quality. His friend is having the same problem. Any ideas?

Ashley, how about further east of 79? Something like PAS9 or PAS3R?

Sounds to me like a motor elevation problem.

Ashley@sadoun said:
This question is kind of off topic, but i've had a customer who is having trouble getting G10 since monday. He has a motorized setup and is able to get 79-119 but once his motor gets to 123 he loses all quality. His friend is having the same problem. Any ideas?
1) dish not "peaked" properly or dish is not tracking arc correctly
2) Line of Sight issues
3) loose "f" connector or an intermittant break in the rg6 cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)