G10R Signal Level or Time to Tweak

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat_addict

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Lately I noticed about a 10-15% decrease in signal on G10R tp5 (11800MHz). The other transponders such as tp1(11720 MHz) seem about the same. A couple weeks back I was averaging about 75-80% quality on tp5 now I'm down to 60-65% quality.

Its been cold here in NJ and I hate to start messing with my dish if it's signal related. Is anybody else seeing a signal decrease on tp5? I'm thinking maybe they turned down the power on that tp, it's atmospheric, or Echo at 121 is causing interference. I just want to double check before I go out and play in the cold.

Thanks in Advance.

The only times I notice the decrease is when it gets cloudy out. For G10, I use a stationary Primestar dish, and have been getting 75-80% on those tp's. 11720 usually runs about 60-65%. The strong one on G10 gets me 80's-90%.

The only times I notice the decrease is when it gets cloudy out. For G10, I use a stationary Primestar dish, and have been getting 75-80% on those tp's. 11720 usually runs about 60-65%. The strong one on G10 gets me 80's-90%.

Thanks. I probably need to make a small adjustment due to some gusty winds we've had recently. It's strange that only one transponder is affected. Usually 11720 is the first to get weaker when an adjustment is needed.

I did what Iceberg always suggests in G10R threads - check the weather at the Uplink Site for G10R - Little Rock, Arkansas - and they currently have the major storm that is on all the news.
Give it until Tuesday daytime and check again...

I did what Iceberg always suggests in G10R threads - check the weather at the Uplink Site for G10R - Little Rock, Arkansas - and they currently have the major storm that is on all the news.
Give it until Tuesday daytime and check again...

Thanks for the info I'll have to remember to do that. My quality on tp5 was jumping between 60-70 last night so maybe it's not my dish alignment and it is the storm. I'll probably go out this weekend anyway with my small TV and peak the dish (Fortec 36"/SNH-031) alignment. I remember getting up to 90% on that tp awhile back.

Here in Missouri the clouds are dumping all sortsa snow on us. I'm pretty sure the uplink stations in nearby states are getting it too.

Same problem here in southeastern Massachusetts, recently noticed a decline in signal strength on G10R. Other satellites appear to be fine -just G10R has degraded. Frustrating because this is my favorite bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)