G15 133W on a 6 footer from Ontario?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I'm trying to tune TP 5 analog to get Classic Arts Showcase on G15 on my 6 footer but I don't immediately see anything. G15 is starting to get a bit low for me and trees start to become an issue. If I can get CAS on the 6 footer it would be much more convenient that swinging my 10 footers which are already nicely focused elsewhere. I'm thinking I may have a system issue since with analog I should be getting some kind of image even if snowy as Christmas, right? Currently the 6 footer is on AMC-1 C Band digital with no issues.

footprint

Haven't seen a footprint map for that satellite, but seems like you should be able to get it in ON. Unless you have some kind of line-of-sight issue. Might have to move dish, or raise pole higher to clear trees or horizon.

Where in Ontario?

I'm in Minneapolis and can get 133W no probalems with my 6 footer...heck can get down to 139W

(I'm at 44.7N 93.5W)

and yes you should get a snowy picture at minimum...do you get anything next door at 131W?

analog channels on 131
TP7 V CSPAN
TP13 V Weather Channel (scrambled)

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I took some more precise compass bearings this afternoon and the 6 footer is definitely marginal for that far West due to trees. Much as I hate to do it I will need to rethink my 10 footer alignments. I will also keep an eye out for another 6-10 footer.

I wrote to CAS and they kindly responded with the news that a) they have no plans to change satellite and b) their signal will remain analog for the foreseeable future. So it is worth my while investing some time and planning in putting up a fixed reliable link to G15.

Its kinda nice they mentioned that they are staying analog for the foreseeable future

Not much left on analog but a few religious, CAS and the C-Span brothers (I & II)

Progress! G15 is now tuned quite nicely with very little snow. I am using one of my ChannelMaster 10 footers, and the signal is currently delivered via my Coolsat loop out to a Personal Cable receiver since the incoming signal is on a 22K switch and a Diseqc switch 4-port.

One problem: I am getting an RF interrupt (blanks the screen and white noise for about half a sec) every seven seconds exactly regular as clockwork and I can't figure where it is coming from. It is not my fridge or freezer, and it is not my wireless router. Could it be the switches? Tomorrow I will string a new cable so that I can feed the signal direct to the receiver to eliminate them.

I am getting an RF interrupt (blanks the screen and white noise for about half a sec) every seven seconds exactly regular as clockwork
Sounds familiar, do you have a weather / airport radar close buy?

No, weather radar is about 100 km away and the closest municipal airport is about 50 km. Idon't think there are even neighbors with CB antennas. Closest neighbor is about 1 km away. This is the first time I have seen it, not a problem with digital signals at all. I also checked that it was not a computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)