G18 & AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Wisconsin
I've been using a 1 meter Primestar [Channelmaster] dish to receive programming on G-18, and of course it works great. Today I rescanned and noticed PBS in the mix. At first I thought that maybe feeds were being relocated from next door at AMC-21. But, it must be my dish playing tricks on me. And I'll leave it be, because now I can get the Washington State university stations [and KEXP radio], plus PBS, using only one feed and dish. The dish sits pole-less at ground level in a rather crowded corner, using a SuperDish stacked LNB. I suppose I could clean-up the area to eliminate some signal blockage. I'm just surprised that both satellites are able to see the dish as it is. My Pansat registers 70 for quality on the standard PBS feed, and 60 for the Research Channel -- each beamed from separate birds, as far as I know.

S2010026.jpg

S2010025.jpg

I was scanning on Saturday, and I noticed a PBS popping up on that satellite, too. I haven't really checked what it actually is, though. Should probably do that! ;)

I was scanning on Saturday, and I noticed a PBS popping up on that satellite, too. I haven't really checked what it actually is, though. Should probably do that! ;)

Sound like a good thing. I'm helping some friends add FTA to their TV, and a 2 for 1 on just G-18, is great news. I'm planting several fixed dishes on non-penetrating mounts, some will be multi-fed. Pictures to come, later.

[I hope more feeds will show-up on G-18. A positive surprise would be nice, for a change. We should be gaining more FTA than we lose, over time. It would cause less stress, when something temporarily disappears for whatever UNKNOWN reason. The shrinking list syndrome.]

Ever since KTWO left 123W Montana PBS has been BOOMING!!
remember...KTWO was at 12104 V on 123 and Montana was on 12103 V on 125.

You mention standard PBS...is it Montana PBS?

Ever since KTWO left 123W Montana PBS has been BOOMING!!
remember...KTWO was at 12104 V on 123 and Montana was on 12103 V on 125.

You mention standard PBS...is it Montana PBS?

Montana is there [SR:4.34], and the 30.000 SR group of PBS channels. Something on an SR of 4.444, too. I can't do HD, so no data to provide. Someone needs to blindscan using a quality dish that is known to be prime focused directly on the G-18 beam only.

[check your PM's]

Did that all weekend, and this morning too, found no PBS on 123, the OP just has his dish halfway between the two sats. If it works, cool.

Hey while we are on the subject does anyone have the contraption to use to get both 121 and 123 at the same time

thanks

Mine is on a motor, so I know I'm not halfway. It must have just be a some snort of snafu on the Coolsat 5k's blindscan, as I'm not seeing it now. Weird!

And just a note that the Montana PBS listed during a scan is actually the legislature. You can tell by the boring people talking about stuff only they care about. ;)

yeah its funny
Montana PBS logs as "TV2" or "12104 V etc" yet TVMT which is the Montana Legislature logs as "MONTANA PBS"

go figure ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.