G18 Problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Last night (Monday) I was watching G18 and started to get pixelated picture and then lost signal on most of the channels. Still had strong readings on other TPs so I went out to the dish to try to tune in the ones I wanted with no luck. It was well after dark so there shouldn't have been any sun interference. However in the process I found AMC21 next door and got good signals there:). Now to get something so I can hear something besides Montana PBS;).

Switched the dish to G25 so I haven't tried G18 yet this morning. The roof is frosty so we'll wait til later!

Just wondering if anyone else lost signal on 18.

Did you happen to check the weather reports for Little Rock Arkansas (where the Equity uplink is?) during the outage? If they were having severe weather, that could have knocked out the signal on G18 Ku.. I've got signal on G18 this morning.

Did you happen to check the weather reports for Little Rock Arkansas (where the Equity uplink is?) during the outage? If they were having severe weather, that could have knocked out the signal on G18 Ku.. I've got signal on G18 this morning.
Now that you mention it seems like there was one station that kept showing a flash flood watch or warning in the upper left corner.

Must have been the weather, I saw that also. I checked over all my connections as I had just finished adjusting the dish yesterday afternoon.

G18 Problems

Hey Bro, Had the same problem here in SoCal, I've seen it a few times recently. I thought we were having another satellite breakdown, lol

I haven't checked it yet today but it seemed more prominant on some TP's and not other's. :confused:

I got an problem with G18 also.. Finally found it.. but only getting 12077,12134 TP.. not able to pick up 11800 or 11805 TP at all.. I got an dish with an motor.. 31inch dish with SG2100 motor,captiveworks 700s receiver live in ohio,usa.. Any idea's why i'm not getting those other Freq. ??

Thanks

Kingjeste

This happens all the time with Equity. When there's a bad storm at the uplink, bye bye signal.

and having that ABC from Little Rock on there (since their tower collapsed) does help with easy checking if the signal might go out

Ku really sucks when it rains or snows heavy. It's pouring big time here now and RTN ku is all over the place. OH well time to switch to the 4DTV on C band and look at my quality... 99! Gotta love C band :)

TIME FOR CHANGE

Well fellows, it looks like MT PBS is gone from 87W and I'm going to have some changes to make but before I do I'd like to gather a list of Ku-band freq's for the new 120's sats. I already have 97, 101, 123 and 129 set up.

Is there a updated list for the 121, 125 & 127?

Thanks guys :)

121 is a Dish owned satellite so they may use it for other things. Any time I scanned it I get the Dish 121 channel and a couple scrambled ones

127 I havent seen anything on that FTA wise in maybe 2 years. There was a Chinese language subscription system there that had a channel with the infamous "SNOT" listing :D but that went belly up

There is no signal on 11800 V 26757
The other one, 11720 V, works just fine. The channel "SNG" and Retrojams are up.
Will check tomorrow morning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts