G3 carry out signal from coach doesn't work, hook it direct to sat box and works

wclem66

Original poster
Mar 8, 2021
Enucmlcaw WA
Good afternoon- i just bought a Solitude 373FB and has anyone had any issues with hooking a G3 carry out to a coach and it not locking on a signal or move or anything?

When hooked into the SAT prep on the trailer, the G3 power module shows green lights but the dish doesn't move- however, hook the G3 direct to DirecTV box (Hr24) it woks like a camp, moves makes noise and locks on to signal.
is there some hidden interference that needs to be removed like a bad splitter not letting the power to go to the G3?

Good afternoon- i just bought a Solitude 373FB and has anyone had any issues with hooking a G3 carry out to a coach and it not locking on a signal or move or anything?

When hooked into the SAT prep on the trailer, the G3 power module shows green lights but the dish doesn't move- however, hook the G3 direct to DirecTV box (Hr24) it woks like a camp, moves makes noise and locks on to signal.
is there some hidden interference that needs to be removed like a bad splitter not letting the power to go to the G3?
Sounds like your hooking it into the Cable/Sat location in the 5th wheel.
There is something in line if you were able to follow the coax run thru the walls that is preventing the signal to go thru ... (it might have something to do with the OTA amp, theres often a main connection in that area) anyways, I have always managed to run a piece of coax directly between the recvr and the TV and it works.
I've done that in 3 different set ups .... you normally can't use the feed that they designate in the RV.

Reactions: wclem66
Sounds like your hooking it into the Cable/Sat location in the 5th wheel.
There is something in line if you were able to follow the coax run thru the walls that is preventing the signal to go thru ... (it might have something to do with the OTA amp, theres often a main connection in that area) anyways, I have always managed to run a piece of coax directly between the recvr and the TV and it works.
I've done that in 3 different set ups .... you normally can't use the feed that they designate in the RV.
yes, i am using the coach SAT/AUX prep- which i have heard is a straight shot to the inside SAT/AUX prep. I got it to move a bit yesterday by changing the cable from the G3 to the coach. Now ill change the cables from the coach to the receiver and see how that works.

puppy.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)