Status
Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
I have been pestering Sadoun about making a Gbox that would
be compatible with my Chapparral Corotor II Plus and Openbox.

He made an offer that if I could get 1000 people to make a $30
deposit and $70 upon receipt of the unit he could get the factory
to make them.
I for one would put up the $30 deposit.
See the discussion on Sadoun's forum under "motorized free to air".

Hi Stanleyjohn,
I think you are right.
My dish is working beautifully. However inconvenient it is I'm not
messing with anything until I have to.
Eventually I'll have to get a GBox. That will still be an inconvenient
way of moving the dish.

I recently converted my 10ft Winegard dish from a Chaparral Corotor to a DMX741s LNBF and never looked back. I already had another dish with that same DMX and a Vbox X mover and it works just as well as my GI920 ever did as far as dish moving goes using Diseq 1.2 functions in my FTA receivers, ie, I select a channel I want to view then press OK and the dish will automatically run to the proper satellite. It don't get any better than that!

FYI, you can buy 2 or maybe 3 Vbox X movers for what you'll pay for ONE Gbox! I've been using a Vbox X on my 7.5 ft SAMI dish now for about 3 or 4 months and it hasn't missed a beat. I like the Vbox X so well I bought TWO more of them for other projects.

I agree! A C2 LNBF on the shop 8' with a VBox X is extremely convenient and we receive every channel that we received with the corotor! While the purist will want to squeeze every bit of performance out of their system, the majority of users will have great results and have a much more enjoyable experience. The WAF is much higher with a C-band LNBF and a DiSEqC 1.2 controller!

Simply select the channel and the dish moves automatically and selects the polarity. The SQ is within a few points of the old set-up and well worth the convenience of not having to use a separate receiver to select the satellite and polarity each time I change a channel.

Last edited:
One member built up a device for evaluation.
He reported good success with it.
But if I recall, he later moved on to a C2 or something similar.
(don't have the links in front of me, and my memory is a little fuzzy about the final outcome)

Back a year or two ago, when the idea was first presented, I did some blue-sky brain storming with a buddy about the feed-servo controller.
Came up with a way to remotely fine tune the servo to customize it for each satellite, if necessary.
This would work only if integrated with the motor controller.

Further thought pointed out that you would want to always feed the actual LNB with +18 volts regardless of the 13..18 volts coming in from the FTA receiver.
Again, this would not be a problem for a powered box containing the motor controller.

Members on the forum have demonstrated excellent S2 reception on 2.4m-class BUDs using the GeoSat C2 LNBF and orthomode feeds.
The day of the G-4000 has probably come and gone.

I use the corotor II plus wideband because I have the 8115 and 4106a Norsat lnb's and love them when pulling in some raw feeds, another reason is I use the wideband because I need my circular c-band. Although it would make things easier to have something like a g-4000 I have become use to my system over the years and am very happy with it.

I think I would try almost anything to get S-2. I have a major investment in an HTPC, plus Radeon graphics and sound cards, TT3200 satellite card, DVBviewer, C2 on a Birdview dish

Every time I input the values posted here or anywhere else, I get nothing. Picks up DVB, but S-2? nothing, zero

If I could be certain an updated Gbox and corotor would get S2, I'd do it, but at present, I am kind of scared to make any more useless purchases.

Thanks guys for your replies.
I have quite an investment in the Corotor ll Plus and the Norsat Lnbs.
In the past I had the bsc621-2d and spent a week trying to align it.
Gave up and sold it. The Dmx741 would also present an alignment
problem for me. No tecks in my town. I am the resident expert(what a joke).

Shanke! If you ever decide to upgrade to a v/g box and a dmx741 you know we here will be glad to help you out.I was very green to the FTA world when i set my dish up with the 741 and it can be abit of a pain to set up just right but in the end it was worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)