GAH!! Stargate Atlantis Cancelled.....!!

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
SyFy Portal

With Galatica going away, I thought SciFi would be less likely to kill their last tentpole franchise (OK, Dr. Who is big too, but will be on hiatus other than a few telemovies for 2 years).

No weekly Trek, and now no weekly Stargate. It's rough times.....

They will be going the telemovie route, but one movie every year or two is underwhelming when you've been used to 20 hours a year.....

Hopefuly that other spinoff gets here soon.....

I like Dr.Who and the Torchwood series. I even watched the Sarah Jane CHronicles. THE season cliff hager used all the characters from all three of these shows in it. IT was great and it was nice to see all of them interact ,including older companions of the Doctor, and they all worked to save the world. I know that some look down their nose at Dr.Who , but I really like this new series vs the older BBC series. Flash Gordon they can FLUSH as far as I am concerned. IT has never lived upto my idea of Flash Gordon the movie in 1980. Very limited plots and even less special effects.

They probably renewed FLASH GORDON :D to keep us away from their channel.

Nope, that one got axed too......

Actually, I stuck with that to the end..... the finale was pretty good, but I agree it was sorely lacking compared to the movie and serials....

I swear the people at Universal are just morons. They don't realize that sci-fi fans LIKE franchises; we like getting involved in shows where we know the characters, and KNOW the universe in which the stories take place.

I accepted it when Trek took a hiatus; heck, it had a run of four shows (even though Enterprise got axed when it had the best story-lines), but Stargate is hot - stupid, stupid, stupid. Do they really think we want to watch re-runs of Heroes and Lost instead? :rolleyes:

Very disappointed.

Galactica, Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis), Dr. Who (and all its spinoffs).....

Caprica looks underwhelming (I DON'T want Dallas meets The Cylons).

Sigh.

OK, I need a new Trek series or something SOON.

I think part of the problem is the cost of producing a top-quality science fiction show like Stargate or Trek. It costs a lot of money, and ratings are not nearly as good as the cost. So, we end up with most of the money going to shows like Heroes or Lost, which don't cost as much, but garner bigger ratings on the networks.

Sadly, I think its really doubtful we'll ever get a Trek series again. :(

Rocky and Fergie nailed it...this is just plain stupid by whatever powers pulled the plug. And I couldn't agree more...there is no way they've even scratched the surface of stories in the Pegasus galaxy to justify ending it so soon.

I also agree, I want a series, a weekly series, with interesting characters that I can get involved in. Not once-a-year (if that) telemovies. Trek isn't coming back as a weekly series. If the upcoming movie doesn't do really well, we'll be lucky to get another anytime in the next 5-7 years, if even then. I'm flat-out not interested in Lost or Heroes re-runs on SciFi.

So, if Sanctuary doesn't catch-on with me, my watching of SciFi after SGA and BSG is done will be very spotty, at best.

This is just a stupid move, plain and simple. One thing about it...I'll be watching a lot more movies on Friday nights after SGA and BSG is over...

Geez... its Stargate does Voyager does Lost in Space... :rolleyes:

Wow, what an original concept. :rolleyes: Very disappointed. There is NO WAY they have done enough with the Pegasus galaxy to justify ending the current storyline so soon. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

Yep, that nails it very well...SG does Voyager/Lost in Space, with a new cast that works for cheap. Run 5 (or less) years and then retread again.

Give me more SG1 direct-to-dvd movies any day over a bad retread... :(

5 years is not a bad run, but 10 years would be better. What is SciFi going to have next year? No BSG, no Dr. Who, no SG? Just one new series announce? I do not like SciFi becomming NBC second running network. The only other show I watch on SciFi now is Eureka. I used to watch the entire Friday night block.

5 years is not a bad run, but 10 years would be better. What is SciFi going to have next year? No BSG, no Dr. Who, no SG? Just one new series announce? I do not like SciFi becomming NBC second running network. The only other show I watch on SciFi now is Eureka. I used to watch the entire Friday night block.

True, 5 season's isn't a bad run...and it's all we're likely to get out of a successful series anymore due to cast/crew salaries and other production expenses. SG1 was very likely the last of a very rare breed: the long-running series, and we were lucky to get it, really, as Showtime was going to axe it and SciFi picked it up.

I was tied into the Friday night 3-hour block too...SG1/SGA/BSG. I really looked forward to kicking back for three hours on Friday nights and watching the three shows. Then it was two. Now it's one... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)