Galavant

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Storyline: Once upon a time, the dashing hero, Prince Galavant lost the love of his life, Madalena, to the evil King Richard. Now, our fallen hero is ready to take revenge and restore his “happily ever after.” But it won't be without a few twists and turns along the way in this fairytale musical.

Premiere: January 4, 2015

Looks stupid enough to be really funny.

S~

Reactions: madmadworld
Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 1

Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Premiere; Joust Friends":
Sir Galavant falls into a drunken despair after losing his true love to the evil King Richard; Galavant enters a jousting tournament against a boastful rival (John Stamos); King Richard asks Gareth to help him become more masculine.

S~

ABC put a lot of eggs in this basket. In my opinion, the basket was dropped and every egg is broken.

Seriously... 40 minutes into the first episode and I hope to never hear the Galavant tune again! Every commercial break, the tune is used to promote other ABC shows. Please stop!!! I almost am persuaded not to watch the promoted shows!

The Galavant storyline may have been entertaining had the musical numbers not been so oddly crammed into the show. I love well crafted, cheeky comedy, but this one fails miserably.

The focus groups duped ABC on this one. Timers deleted...

#ABCgalavantFAIL

Reactions: danristheman
I'm glad I didn't even tune in. It sounded stupid from the minute I first heard it and you confirmed it to me with your review.

I watched the first episode. I would not watch it for 22 episodes, but will probably watch the next 3.
The show being a very short series, at a time when nothing else is on (and right before shows that I do want on ABC) is the only reason I'm still watching it. If there was any competition, I'd probably pass on it.

Next Episodes; Season 1, Episodes 5 and 6

Sunday, January 18, 2015

"Completely Mad... Alena; Dungeons and Dragon Lady":
The trio finally nears Valencia and finds shelter with monks who have taken a vow of singing.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)