Galaxy 10 11720 (The Tube/Mas Musica,etc)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Is this a fairly low powered transponder? I have a difficult time maintaining a lock on this transponder (signal quality hovers bounces around the 40s)

I get higher signal on most of the other transponders on this bird....

I think you mean Galaxy 10 :)

and yes it is lower powered....registers about a 40-42 on my Pansat...11799 is around 75

Yep, I did.... been looking at tooo many numbers today!

Ok, thanks! I am getting around 50 on 11799 also, so I may be able to improve the signal somewhat (I'm still tweaking the pointing!)

try the skew (if it isnt motorized)...that may help too

Also, you didnt mention your receiver. Numbers vary greatly on differetn brands of receivers

(also, I'll change the topic title to Galaxy 10) :)

I think I did (Change the topic) when I edited the post... maybe not.

It's a fortec lifetime ultra. Anything below 50% on the quality level starts massive pixelation.

snathanb said:
I think I did (Change the topic) when I edited the post... maybe not.

unfortunatelly not....admin can change it (which has been done)
It's a fortec lifetime ultra. Anything below 50% on the quality level starts massive pixelation.
The Pansat has a threshold of about 33 before it craps out

I am using a P* dish and I can get the tube. Some of the other transponders are too low tho.

snathanb said:
Is this a fairly low powered transponder? I have a difficult time maintaining a lock on this transponder (signal quality hovers bounces around the 40s)

I get higher signal on most of the other transponders on this bird....

Your location also plays a big role for that sat. Looks like it's a piece of cake to get good reception on 11720 in California, but it's always on the border of crapping out in Alberta, for example :(

Well, I'm Dallas, and I now get it at between 70-80% signal quality after getting my dish peaked. Thats on my Fortec lifetime ultra... using an old Dway 1 meter dish with Dway LNB. That's on my motorized setup. To get that signal level I had to make a few adjustments and accept signal in the 70% range on my TS satellite (IA5) versus the 90% I was getting on several transponders.

Very Happy!

Attachments

• Tube.jpg
    Tube.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 148
i get 0 quality on that transponder :( it's a shame too. i know i have my dish situated correctly because i get great signals on all the birds up there except that one transponder.

snathanb said:
Well, I'm Dallas, and I now get it at between 70-80% signal quality after getting my dish peaked. Thats on my Fortec lifetime ultra... using an old Dway 1 meter dish with Dway LNB. That's on my motorized setup. To get that signal level I had to make a few adjustments and accept signal in the 70% range on my TS satellite (IA5) versus the 90% I was getting on several transponders.

Very Happy!

Well... now I get to eat crow... about a hour after snapping that picture and bragging on how well I was getting that TP in, I started getting only 50% again.

Fortunately, I was busy so I didn't go and mess with it....

The little light bulb came on about 10 minutes ago.... notice the Transponder number in my blurry picture .... I wasn't actually on the TUBE transponder, I was on one of the stations on a different transponder rebroacasting TUBE... whoops! :rolleyes:

I also get weak reception. I am outside of Houston TX and have a 10 ft dish with a 4DTV and a panset 2500. Does the system I have work better or worse than one of the smaller ant systems that is set up for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)