Galaxy 10 stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rectifier

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
After a while of fiddling around and fine tuning everything, I have gotten all the stations on Galaxy 10 transponder to come in, but just recently a station called "Imaginasian TV" lost it's sound, it now has a digital blip sound.

I was wondering, is this is caused by the station changing it's audio codec, or if they changed audio PIDS or someother type of "changing"?

:s , I'm guessing that means my Satworks MPEG2 DVB box can't decode it :(

too bad..I really like the anime on the station >_<

You need to look for a receiver with an SPDIF (digital audio) output. Then the AC3 bitstream will pass through the receiver to an audio decoder such as your A/V receiver. You will need a digital audio cable (or TOSLINK optical cable) to pass the signal to your audio amplifier.

The Fortec Star Lifetime ULTRA does that.

lifetime-back.JPG

HEH, that pic shows the cable output but not the optical output! :D

Sadoun said:
You need to look for a receiver with an SPDIF (digital audio) output. Then the AC3 bitstream will pass through the receiver to an audio decoder such as your A/V receiver. You will need a digital audio cable (or TOSLINK optical cable) to pass the signal to your audio amplifier.

I guess that one has no optical as described in the text :)

There are two types of connections for AC3. One is called digital coaxial-that is what is shown in the photo Sadoun provided. The other is digital optical (also called Toslink). Most FTA receivers just have one type so you will need an audio receiver that supports that type.

And for me I need another reciever or need to consolidate my equipment. I ran out of both Optical and Coax inputs on my Pioneer! I now have 4 devices that have optical outs and only 2 optical ins. The USDTV is Optical, the DVD/VCR is Coax, and the TIVO is Optical, I dont have a spot for the Pansat 3500s yet. Too bad I cant link two into one :D

ACD: I have the same problem, and my solution is a 4-way optical rotary selector switch which works very well (< $10 clearanced new at Radio Shack last year).

TuxCoder said:
ACD: I have the same problem, and my solution is a 4-way optical rotary selector switch which works very well (< $10 clearanced new at Radio Shack last year).

I didnt know they had something like that. I must check it out!!! :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts