Galaxy 16 & AMC 18 on 6' Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
With all the recent talk about the new 4DTV channel packages on AMC 18 I'm thinking about re-aiming my 6' dish from Galaxy 16 to AMC 18 and subscribing to a channel or two using a DSR410 receiver. Is it possible to add another C-band LNBF in order to still receive Galaxy 16 as well? With a 5 degree separation it might be a little tricky.

Yes it can be done. I am getting 91w and 99w on a ten foot dish. The scalar rings are almost touching with 8 degrees of separation. For 5 degree separation you will need to trim the scalar rings as Iceberg suggests, or you might try slipping one scalar behind the other to get the LNBs close enough together.

To see if it would work, I set up a TV and receiver tuned to a hot transponder on the desired satellite and moved the new LNB around until I got the best signal quality, then fabricated a mount from metal straps and self-tapping screws. Remember to hold the LNB in the correct position for Horizontal/Vertical orientation, and skew needed from level/plumb position. I would also suggest you allow yourself some adjustment in your mount for fine tuning.

Below is a link to my earlier post with photos of my setup.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/233198-adding-2nd-lnb-10ft-dish.html

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)