Nfusion HD question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Semokid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Down in the Bootheel
Just received an Nfusion HD that i purchased off fleabay,guy said it was used but this thing looks new to me,came with all the orignal packaging, it is supposed to have the 8psk already installed.
Question is,what is the factory software version for this unit? It has s/w version v1.ofr
016 on it right now,so can someone tell me if this is the correct factory file?:confused:

that is a horrible FTA receiver it does not even blind scan....that 8psk module is useless for true FTA it is only to steal providers HD which is really what that receiver is made for....

check this , should help. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/221294-nfusion-hd-factory-firmware.html

I do not think the 8PSK board it has is compatible with the DVB-S2 8PSK we talk about here since it was designed to steal the DN signal turbo 8PSK.

that is a horrible FTA receiver it does not even blind scan....that 8psk module is useless for true FTA it is only to steal providers HD which is really what that receiver is made for....

Thanks guys for the reply,but is it hackware or the factory file,i need somewhere to start!

I don't remember if either of those files are hackware or what. I got rid of the one I tried right away because it was so lousy as a real FTA receiver.

Here are the only 2 files I have for it & I know they are factory files. I had downloaded these straight from the factory website before their troubles began. This must be loaded with a serial cable.

Attachments

• ST_Uploader_1_7.zip
    109.6 KB · Views: 217
  • nf_HD_factory.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 255
Hopefully you paid less than $100 for it or else you got ripped off! As others stated, Nfusion HD is a horrible FTA receiver as it does not support DVB-S2 and does not have blind scan. The 8PSK board in the unit is useless for FTA.

Perhaps we should have a sticky thread of FTA receivers to avoid purchasing in order to prevent people from getting ripped off like this.

That is a curious take on that. I have heard that before. Does it mean a board may be out there that can be swapped with it to get
DVB-S2? I bet there are a lot of folks that would buy that board!

Kodaz

Come on guys, give him a break. He may not have known what he was getting. Hopefully he can get a taste of fta with it, and ask here before he puts out money on a different box. Semo-welcome to the forum!

It does not blind scan and maybe who knows it does not support a motor well but still it is a digital IRD therefore usefull for most signals that still are DVB-S and can even display the HD ones!. The OP might find some good use for it on a fixed sat like 125W for the PBS SD and HD stuff. It is probably PVR ready so pulg a large USB stick and start recording. Although I agree that I would not buy it but heck the OP already has it , so use it.

There is NO DVB-S2 add-on board for the nfusion HD! To my knowledge, the only HD FTA receiver that has a DVB-S2 add-on board available in the market is the Pansat 9200HD.

That is a curious take on that. I have heard that before. Does it mean a board may be out there that can be swapped with it to get
DVB-S2? I bet there are a lot of folks that would buy that board!

Kodaz

Thank everyone for there input,as my avatar suggest i am not around all of the time so i might be a little slow at times getting back to
my post. But hey i have receivers running out of my ears, 2-Pansat 3500 sd,4 Veiwsat Plat lites,1-Veiwsat Ultra,1-Coolsat 6000,1-Coolsat
8000Hd, (recent purchase)1-Nfusion Nova,1-Nfusion Phoenix and now the Nfusion Hd,cost a little over 100.00 with shipping but as they say "To late to turn back now". But came over from the dark side and trying to get into true fta!

i have nf hd, i wouldnt use the factory firmware if i were you, very old and like they said was never meant to be true fta so its all buddy. they have been done on the darkside for a while now but the latest birds and TPs are in the last hackware file. it is definitely not an ideal STB but it will work for you. the hackware file does have a nice interface and even if your only watching SD it looks better on a HDTV than a SD receiver ya know

Oh and BTW yes the lack of blindscan does suck but you can always manually enter your TP info but be prepared to be very frustrated because the key sequence for the commands on the remote is so unintuitive you may end up throwing it out the window. this happens after you entered the same thing 10 times and f**k up on one of the last steps and it clears it :mad:

I got one too but for under $100 , I wanted an HD receiver for the Pbs channels, it's funny before i bought all I read was positive reviews, however after I got I have not seen one positive thing about this receiver.... it's driving me insane

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)