Galaxy 16 Nets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skynyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hello,

I have using FTA for a couple of months now ( I have a 31" dish for KU), and I really enjoy the hobby. I usually find enough on the satellites to keep my intrest, and I hardly ever watch my Direct subscription anymore. One thing that I am wanting to do is to ditch that subscription, and go completely FTA, but I want to get CBS and NBC still. I live in TN, and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether I can get all of the Galaxy 16 Networks from the Carriberian ok if I were to go with a 6 ft Fortec dish. I am trying to find an old BUD, but I was just wondering if i were to decide to buy a fortec dish, if I would get reliable reception.

I can get G16 but I don't see the networks on there. Is there something I am missing. :confused: Guess I don't know how to use receiver yet.

G16 nets are very strong. You should be able to get them with a poorly tuned dish. They always peg my quality meter to 99% even a few clicks off the satellite.

Make sure you have your Transponder frequency set properly and your dish is in alignment.
Antenna settings proper.

G16 nets are very strong. You should be able to get them with a poorly tuned dish. They always peg my quality meter to 99% even a few clicks off the satellite.

Make sure you have your Transponder frequency set properly and your dish is in alignment.
Antenna settings proper.
Oh I get all kinds of channels on G16 I just don't know how to tune in the locals I guess. My blind scan finds like a whole page of things.

I can get G16 but I don't see the networks on there. Is there something I am missing. :confused: Guess I don't know how to use receiver yet.

these are on C-Band and as noted above, you can get them even on a poorly tuned dish. My crumpled 6 footer gets them at 65-75 quality

Oh I get all kinds of channels on G16 I just don't know how to tune in the locals I guess. My blind scan finds like a whole page of things.

Try doing a manual scan (Freq=3950, Polarity = H, Symbol Rate = 12296). If you don't get anything, just for grins try reversing the polarity you may have your feedhorn rotated 180 degrees. If that doesn't work then you probably have your dish pointed at the wrong sat. You might check Lyngsat for some FTA channels on adjacent sats, and scan for those.

they will scan in as

tv1
tv2
tv3
tv4
tv5
etc.

on a Pansat or Fortec, yes
but on the Quali-TV or CS8000 they log as " " (blank) and on the Coolsat 5000 they log as
"TV 1 3950 H G16"
"TV 2 3950 H G16"
etc

on the Visionsat they log as "SVC_1_Channel"

these are on C-Band and as noted above, you can get them even on a poorly tuned dish. My crumpled 6 footer gets them at 65-75 quality
I get Ch1 Ch2 Ch3 Ch4 Ch5 are there just 5 different ones?

There are 5 channels in the Caribbean Mux, ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox/CW and I think they put an extra channel in it during Fox MLB Baseball coverage, as the Fox there is blacked out... I think..????

correct

Puerto Rico has to black out baseball as they are considered International territory. Virgin Islands is not...so during the bb games there is a 6th channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts