Galaxy 18/Research Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hello everyone!
I am trying to pick up the Research Channel on Galaxy 18 with the following information:

TP 6
11805 H
4580 S/R
3/4 FEC

using my DBS3500 Traxis receiver. I know I am on the right bird, because if I point to the C side of it, I get all the encrpyed channels showing up on the list with solid signal/quality, such as the A&E, History, etc. I am unable to pick ANYTHING up on G18 KU for some reason. I am able to pick up KU on AMC3 (Patient Channel/Newborn Channel) just as a test, haven't tried any others. Any thoughts on this weird issue? Thanks!

Hello everyone!
I am trying to pick up the Research Channel on Galaxy 18 with the following information:

TP 6
11805 H
4580 S/R
3/4 FEC

using my DBS3500 Traxis receiver. I know I am on the right bird, because if I point to the C side of it, I get all the encrpyed channels showing up on the list with solid signal/quality, such as the A&E, History, etc. I am unable to pick ANYTHING up on G18 KU for some reason. I am able to pick up KU on AMC3 (Patient Channel/Newborn Channel) just as a test, haven't tried any others. Any thoughts on this weird issue? Thanks!

The numbers are correct, it is coming in right now at 53% Quality on a World Direct Dish.

P.S.

I also get

University Of Washington TV

KEXP Seattle and the radio only side.

Peace TV

But I cannot receive 3C Media even though it listed on "The List" and Lyngsat.

Thanks for the info! I'm just so confused! I've got the l.o. @ 10750, 22KHz OFF, DiSEqC 1.0... I'm beginning to wonder if something else is going on.. I have sucessfully picked up stuff off of some KU satellites, but not close to this one.. I'm going to have to start researching to find out where KU drops off.

I honestly don't know.. This dish is at work and I'm trying to get it operational. The LNB is on a 10ft C/KU Band dish.

Get as much info as you can, LNB, and switches.

Alignment could be an issue. You can be booming on C Band and not have a blip for Ku.

It's got KU, able to pick up some KU stuff off of some sats. When the weather clears up a bit, will have to get a latter and get in top of our roof. I have e-mailed a local satellite installer that still deals w/ the big dish, awaiting to hear back from him. Not too many big dish installers/repair services out there anymore.

Hello everyone!

TP 6
11805 H
4580 S/R
3/4 FEC

Those parameters are correct and we aren't having any outages currently. Sorry but the problem seems to be on your side.

FYI everyone:

The ResearchChannel/UWTV/KEXP mux will be moving to G18 TP 21 at the end of December. Same receive parameters as above but on the V polarity @ 12113.7 MHz or 1.3637 MHz L band. We are currently uplinking to both frequencies and starting Dec 30 TP 6 will have a slate on PID 110 only redirecting viewers to TP 21.

Dave R.
Engineer, UWTV

Had someone come and realign our dish.. Now we're getting the Research Channel, as well as all of the other KU/C band programming. Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)