Galaxy 19 - 97W - Globecast WorldTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tesko

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
North America
Hello,

I have paid TV service through Globecast and was looking at upgrading to their DVR service. Their CS agents insist that I use their factory elliptical 75CM dish in order to receive their signals. For over the past 2 years I have been using the Fortec 90cm dish in order to receive their channels. I am about to switch to their DVR and they are sending a Dual LNB for the factory dish. They suggest that the PVR will not work with a circular dish such as the Fortec to pull in the correct updates from their satellite. Is there any validity to this argument or can I just go ahead and install the dual LNB and run the extra line to the DVR for recording purposes. Thanks!

They're throwing you a line of pig crap

The DVR doesnt care what dish you have set up. If its "their" dish, a 90cm dish, a 1.2m dish or a 12 foot dish with a KU LNB on it. As long as the signal can be picked up the DVR can process the info as the current receiver does.

The LNB they use on the 75cm dish may not work properly on the Fortec dish so you would need a dual LNB.

Honestly I think the reason they want you to have their dish is so they can troubleshoot a stock system (I guess)

Sorry that is a Digiwave Twin LNB DGL-880T. I was unsuccessful in acquiring any channels after installing this LNB. I was able to get signal strength to 70% but signal quality was 0%. Any help is appreciated.

Is there any information on the LNBF, or in the packaging, as to Linier/circular, Standard/ Universal. and maybe L.O. Frequency? Might just be you need to enter the correct info into the receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)