Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Jan. 28 update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
No major changes in this update...just a few clarifications. I have temporarily re-instated the five Thai channels with an added note that these are soon to no longer be FTA, but for the moment they are randomly rotating between the blue notice slate, no transmission, and back to the channel. So, while there is the possibility of programming, I'll keep the link up to the channels' programming pages. ORTB was off the air, then suddenly back on the air with no problems, and as I type this, it's back off the air. So, I'm making a note that this station is sometimes off the air (similar to how Southern Sudan used to be -- although in the past month, Southern Sudan seems to be mostly on the air). French forces continued intervention in Mali today, but the station ORTM hasn't had any interruptions. I haven't heard of any conflicts in Benin, and I'm not sure what the issue may be there with the transmissions. I'll remove the note when it appears that regular transmissions resume.

View attachment Galaxy19Guide-28jan2013.xls

Voila! ORTB is back on the air. I wonder if they read my posts ;)

Right now, ORTM is reporting "from the front line" of the attacks. Mostly encouraging their population from the central government, it seems.

Last edited:
Any word on on the ETV channel 2 on the transponder 12152 its been off the air still wonder what they are replacing it with?

Dan Rose

Well, after a rescan, the channel label ETV2 broadcasts Ethiopia TV (just to clarify to those reading who may be confused). [They've flipped back and forth between labels a time or two in the past year]. But you're right, the channel with the current label "Ethiopia TV" on the transponder you list still shows the colored bars. No word yet about what will take its place -- but usually something does appear eventually when those bars are up with the words "Globecast" instead of the black screen (although that's certainly no guarantee). As it's part of Globecast World TV, it may or may not be FTA once they decide, but it's always interesting to see what they include in the lineup (they brought us FightBox TV for a month or so before encrypting it). Sometimes, we'll get a slate announcing what's coming soon...other times it just "shows up." :) I'll keep watching it (as I do the other slates, blanks and bars!) to see if there's any change. February's coming up soon, so maybe we'll see some new stations joining the lineup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts