Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- July 28 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Today is the end of Ramadan, so although I just updated this guide, the Holy Quran Awards special channel will be leaving the air soon. Sorry about that! Melli TV has changed transponders, and as far as I can tell, Radio Romania Int'l quietly left the air. A lot of nice cleanups -- not everything is cleaned up, but an improvement from previous months :)

Attachments

• Galaxy19Guide-28july2014.xls
    243.5 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: jorgek and DJdish
anyone know if there are changes coming with RTP on 97 w rite now using veiwsat meg 2, are they changing to meg 4 and if so woukld this mean a receiver change.. being told that a message pops in regarding aug 7 any info would be truly appreciated

RE: RTPi. I don't know. If you can take a photo when the message pops up or do a screen grab and upload it (or type what it says), we can verify it :) Usually for such a big change like that so close to the switchover date, the message would be almost constant...scrolling at the bottom of the screen, for example, to let people know. But yes, if they were to change to mpeg4 it would mean a receiver change. I don't see that happening on 97W.

RE: Melli TV. This channel seems to come and go a lot. Sometimes there isn't anything there but a Roku logo. However, I can confirm it is in the clear as I write this. Did you try the new transponder, because it is no longer on the old frequency: 11836 V 20765

RE: Thank you's. I appreciate the thank you messages! I can't get around to the updates as frequently as I like these days, but I still try for at least once a month. There are always mistakes or changes that I overlook, so if you see something let me know and I'll look into it :) It's great to have the links to the station's program guide (if available), especially if I'm flipping through and see something interesting. I may even have to look at iFilm English a bit more -- usually their movies bore me a bit, but last night they had a nice comedy that I enjoyed. And they actually do keep their listings updated.

The anonymous guy(s) and/or gal(s) who keep these two pages updated do(es) a super job, and I suggest you bookmark these:
http://ftalistings.com/index.php
https://twitter.com/FTAListings

I'm sure the user(s) is/are [a] member(s) of this site, so again, thank you to the person/people who put(s) those pages together :)

Reactions: DJdish
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)