Galaxy 19 best channels to watch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coming up with 19 English channels worth mention is a real stretch. List below is most watched to least watched.

Liberty Radio Network - 11935h20000
Press TV [1080 HD] @ 12176v23002
CNC World [SD] 12053v22002
RT News [SD] 12152h20000
Smart Lifestyle TV Religious however (Has cooking/health shows etc) 11842h22000
JUCE TV 12053v22000
iFilm 11836v20770

What are some of the best watched channels on galaxy 19?
RT News, CNC World News, Press TV HD News, UA TV (Ukranian channel with some English programming), Smart Lifestyles (healthy living), IBN (Mix of religious, family movies, outdoors programming), JUCE (Christian music videos), Smile of a Child (Christian childrens programming), iFilm (Iranian films dubbed with English). There are also some shopping channels (Secret Deals, Jewelry TV, GEM TV and QVC).

Kazakh TV (information/documentaries). NOTE: The second audio channel is English. Of course, right now they are showing a movie not dubbed into English, but the majority of the time English is available.

EDIT: Forgot to add Al Kass Two HD for sports, sometimes in English. KTV3 (Kuwait) also has sports, but not in English. Bonus if you happen to catch the camel races, they are something to watch! LOL!

Last edited:
Kazakh TV (information/documentaries). NOTE: The second audio channel is English. Of course, right now they are showing a movie not dubbed into English, but the majority of the time English is available.

EDIT: Forgot to add Al Kass Two HD for sports, sometimes in English. KTV3 (Kuwait) also has sports, but not in English. Bonus if you happen to catch the camel races, they are something to watch! LOL!

Camel races? This exists? Holy crap!

I recently did a rescan of 97w ku but ignored Kazakh TV due to the fact that the audio does not default to English. Added it to my channels and just caught part of a program about telescopes in conjunction with computer modeling, also mentioned nanosatellites! Thanks for posting! :)

I recently did a rescan of 97w ku but ignored Kazakh TV due to the fact that the audio does not default to English. Added it to my channels and just caught part of a program about telescopes in conjunction with computer modeling, also mentioned nanosatellites! Thanks for posting! :)

I always assumed Kazakhstan was a really low tech country. Kazakh TV changed my opinion. Sure, there may be some propaganda and 'puffing' involved, but their schools and small business incubator programs seem to be on the right track. I watched a segment on young Kazakhstan school kids and the robotics experiments they were performing. Amazing!

Reactions: Brct203 and FTA4PA
Camel races? This exists? Holy crap!

Yup! And the jockey-less racing camels have radio controlled whips on them. The camel owner can whip his camel at-will from the comfort of his Escalade as he follows the race. Camel racing goes high tech!

Hint: If you have neighbors close by, turn the volume of the camel races way up! Your neighbors will go crazy trying to figure out what the heck is going on. (You may get a visit from Homeland Security.)

I always assumed Kazakhstan was a really low tech country. Kazakh TV changed my opinion. Sure, there may be some propaganda and 'puffing' involved, but their schools and small business incubator programs seem to be on the right track. I watched a segment on young Kazakhstan school kids and the robotics experiments they were performing. Amazing!
yeah, don't believe Borat :)

Ok thanks is lyng sat the most up todate for a transponder list? Just curious how many transponders are out there if theres more then what is on the list

Ok thanks is lyng sat the most up todate for a transponder list? Just curious how many transponders are out there if theres more then what is on the list
None are completely accurate all the time because things change so frequently. I have used www.lyngsat.com, www.sathint.com, www.tvrosat.com and www.portaleds.com :)

P.S. If you only speak English (like me :D) search for a specific portaleds page in Firefox and it will offer to translate the page for you. :)

Reactions: Brct203
Ok thanks im fairly new to this hobby ive been tweeking from time to time . I cant seem to hit all the tp and ive noticed 1 day some channels may b in decent and others there not..i realize theres prob diffrent factors involved with the signal..i dont know if i should try to ajust more or leave it sit were it is at. How so i know really wen its dialed in just curious

Sorry guess i should of added fixed dish 36 inch geosat pro lnb...and viewsat hd 9000 reciever.

Ok thanks im fairly new to this hobby ive been tweeking from time to time . I cant seem to hit all the tp and ive noticed 1 day some channels may b in decent and others there not..i realize theres prob diffrent factors involved with the signal..i dont know if i should try to ajust more or leave it sit were it is at. How so i know really wen its dialed in just curious
Sorry guess i should of added fixed dish 36 inch geosat pro lnb...and viewsat hd 9000 reciever.
Yes many factors will impact signal - dish size, dish quality, aiming, lnb quality, proper skew (if stationary dish), location within footprint, clear view to satellite, weather, uplink level, etc. You can always tweak for better signal but make sure you mark everything (pole azimuth, elevation, skew) before moving anything so you have a reference to go back to in case things don't improve. ;)

Last edited:
Ok thanks..is it best to add all tps....scan then do a slow blind scan?
No need to enter all tps. The blind scan will log them for you once aimed correctly and run. When aiming I enter a know good transponder into my meter. If you don't have a meter you can take your sat receiver and a small tv out to the dish. When you believe you are pointed at the right sat do a blind scan and compare the channels with the list on websites. If you are on the sat then tweak for best signal and rescan. Occasional you may find something that doesn't show up in the blind scan. Entering it manually and doing a transponder scan will often pick it up. :)

36" should give solid reception on 97W, so I don't think it's about size.

More likely, you are getting a bit of interference from 95W and 99W, and that interference might change as feeds appear and disappear on those neighboring satellites. I have often noticed that the transponder that has 2M Monde, Canal Algérie and NTA can be a bit tricky.

What might be happening is that some transponders work best when your dish is dead on 97W, but others like the one with 2M Monde might be better as you move a bit away from 95W, so maybe peaks at 97.5 W, and others might peak at 96.5W, etc. So in the end it can be a bit of a compromise. This is definitely a problem with a smaller dish, like sub 60cm.

also, it's normal to see variations with the weather. with a 36" dish you might still lose all signal during very heavy rain, and you will also notice degraded quality with thick cloud cover, or lighter rain (but should still have signal)

I'm not familiar with the receiver you have, but basicaly there are 3 types of scans, with names varying with each manufacturer:
- Blind Scan : it scans the spectrum for transponders, and when it can lock on a transponder, it will usually scan its content and continue scanning for more transponders
- Satellite Scan: It will look at the list of transponders that it knows about for the specified satellite, and scans for content. It will not scan for new transponders.
- Transponder scan: it scans only the content of one specified transponder. Sometimes it lets you select several transponders.

in your case, if you have all the transponders that are listed in Lyngsat or Sathint, no need for a blind scan, a satellite scan would be good enough

Note that 11904H and 12122H , i believe, are no longer there.

Ok thank u..so if u were me whats the best tp to go with on galaxy 19?...then ill tweek to best signal quality n call it good.thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts