GALAXY 26 (University of North Dakota feeds)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
HELP!!......
I got a customer that wants the university of N. Dakota feeds on Galaxy 26 @ 93.0W 12031 V Transponder 17
I went to Galaxy 26 at 93.0°W - LyngSat and it does not list it as being free.
Could anyone tell me what do I need to get this installed for him?,

Is this a subscription channel?
could I use the 90cm dish with a mercury II receiver?
Is it free?

Thanks guys!

It might be free, it might not (I don't think I have ever seen it), Lyngsat has it listed as a feed meaning that it could "randomly" show up (The channels information can change). It is not a channel that is available 24/7, so you might need to know the right time to look for it.

hmmmm, So I just might have to point my dish to that and see if it comes up..... And if it does then I will have to worrie about it dissapearing and the customer asking for his money back for the install.........what to do?..........hmmmm...............

The feed is only up for hockey/bb/football games. The FSSN is not a 24/7 channel. During off times on cable in Grand Forks they show upcoming events at the Ralph. Satellite feed comes up 15 minutes before the game. The reason for that feed is there are a bunch of podunk cable companies in northwestern MN that show the games so they beam them up by KU. Some cable companies share it with a shopping or public access channel and some cable companies just have the infamous "no signal" when there is no game

-It is a free channel
-yes you can use a 90cm dish and a fortec receiver
-you would aim the dish at IA6 and log in CBS News and Doc Scott and when its game time, scan the channel in
-there are only 4 games left (2 series) so you might want to wait until next season. They have been known to move satellites each season
-when the games arent on there is no signal on that TP

my trials and tribulations getting the fighting sioux sports network are detailed in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...d-system-single-satellite-single-purpose.html

I guess the university of north dakota just kicks ass... nobody else seems to stick their games up there for free and then advertise the fact.

btw - iceberg had mentioned that years ago they used to sell FTA systems for watching the games at the sioux shop in the ralph... not any more! when i was there over xmas i asked about it and the looks i got from the salespeople... yeah.

-there are only 4 games left (2 series) so you might want to wait until next season. They have been known to move satellites each season
-when the games arent on there is no signal on that TP

Not so fast!
M Hockey - Schedules/Results - FightingSioux.com: Official Web Site of University of North Dakota Athletics
Denver this weekend, Bemidji next weekend, duluth the weekend after that (at the DECC, but wdaz is traveling to produce it for fssn), and then st cloud at home to end the season.

Iceberg, do you know if FSSN will have the first round of the WCHA playoffs if it's in Grand Forks?

That's the only downside to FSSN on FTA -- when playoff time rolls around I'm going to have to hit the sports bar again.

yes the 1st round of WCHA Playoffs are on FSSN if they are at home (which is guaranteed after last nites win)

The NCAA playoffs and Final 5 are held by other media outlets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)