This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Galaxy 26

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACRadio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Near Asheville NC
If anyone runs into any information about where Fox and CBS KU DSNG channels are being rerouted to due to the Galaxy 26 problem I would appreciate an update. There are a few signals still there but quite a few are gone.

Looks like AMGTV moved to G28...

this affects only the C-band side, not the KU

Yea I knew about AMG and the CBS distro moves. All Fox G26 DSNG frequencies along with their IFB are empty and that's unusual...even Reuters is gone. There were only 2 or 3 for CBS on the vertical side when I checked last. I'll look again in the morning.

I just went out and aimed the big dish at G28 and got better signal on AMGTV than on T6

I wish the CBS HD distro backup would move to G28 instead of G25. The regular G26 frequency wasn't the brightest lit signal in the sky, and the backup on G25 is even worse. I can get it with no errors but I've only got a couple of db's of link margin.

I found one Fox News feed and the encrypted Reuters channel on Galaxy 16. There's lots of empty transponder space there after HITS left.

I found this information on another site...

"Fox News has moved operations to Galaxy 16 Transponders 7, 9, and 11, and to AMC 5 Transponder 4K Slot F according to a Fox News Internal Email."

Yea, my engineering buddies at KCWY tell me a SAT blew yesterday. I got a frantic call for help. Not much I can do, I don't run NASA.

Just about everyone is swapping feeds until the problem is fixed.

Yes, Galaxy 17 is now moving to 91 degrees West. I don't think it will move anywhere else as Galaxy 11 is supposed to replace some other satellite once Galaxy 17 is in place. They do have the in orbit spare Galaxy 12 that they could use. But it is Cband only.

found this tidbit

I wonder what Nebraska PBS on DCII will do. They were at IA5 but moved to IA6 a while back...maybe they'll creep back to IA5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.