galaxy 4 tp16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradley39482

Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
usa
sorry if posting in wrong spot, but wanted some good advice on this situation.
have a cs6100, with a dn dish500, want to be able to pick up galaxy 4 tp16, have read iceburgs post on it back in 06, but can i still use the 30" dish or do i need the big 4 to 10' dish, and what kind of analog receiver can i purchase for this, hope its not the size of a small stereo. i remember those.
thanks for any help!

Are you wanting to receive Shepherd's Chapel?

You definitely can't get that with the DN dish, and I think it it would be a challenge with a 30". I have never tried to receieve any analog signals on a dish smaller than 5', probably possible but not easy.

If you can put up a 5' (or larger) BUD you should be fine for that channel.

You can find used analog receivers for next to nothing, and there was a new old stock unit from one eBay seller for $30 or $40 shipped a while back.

thanks for the reply ya'll
the SC moved to tp16, they were on galaxy4 tp6, i read where they moved to tp16 in an old post in 06 i believe! yep i remember when we had a 10' dish with a hand crank, i would have to move it manually, what a pain! was hoping to get SC with my little 30'' inch with a analog receiver if possible! does anyone know how much of a pain this would be? and is the galaxy4 bird still at 90 west?
thanks for the help, trying to turn off DN if possible, just need to keep my kids happy with some cartoons and trying to keep some old movie networks, westerns, pbs, etc..
thanks again.

thanks for the reply ya'll
the SC moved to tp16, they were on galaxy4 tp6, i read where they moved to tp16 in an old post in 06 i believe! yep i remember when we had a 10' dish with a hand crank, i would have to move it manually, what a pain! was hoping to get SC with my little 30'' inch with a analog receiver if possible! does anyone know how much of a pain this would be? and is the galaxy4 bird still at 90 west?
thanks for the help, trying to turn off DN if possible, just need to keep my kids happy with some cartoons and trying to keep some old movie networks, westerns, pbs, etc..
thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)