Game Finder

I got the same thing 3 days ago on my Hopper/sling and mine came up with a no go and to call the 800 number after I hit the launch button. What do you have a Hopper 3?
This was on a Wally with the new U807 software, and Application Software version AN405b. After seeing the pop-up this morning and taking that picture, I have not been able to find a way back to the new version of the Gamefinder app since then. Perhaps this was some kind of glitch, or a premature launch of something that is not quite ready for the public yet.

This was on a Wally with the new U807 software, and Application Software version AN405b. After seeing the pop-up this morning and taking that picture, I have not been able to find a way back to the new version of the Gamefinder app since then. Perhaps this was some kind of glitch, or a premature launch of something that is not quite ready for the public yet.
From what I read from the paragraph on the app before you hit the launch button it said they something about launching it in a couple of weeks. I'm still on the same game finder that I've had for awhile.

So this morning I got a pop-up in Gamefinder saying that there is a new version of Gamefinder, and asking if I wanted to launch it. After selecting "Launch" I noticed that the new version of Gamefinder makes this false ad even more annoying, putting it right in the middle of the listings of the games, and prominently displaying at the top of the banner "Multi-Sport Pack: Over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks."
View attachment 142261
Come on, Dish! Either actually start delivering more than 35 channels in Multi-Sport Pack, or get this ad fixed!
:mad:
Thank you for letting us know about this, crodrules. We will submit feedback to our back office regarding this ad.

Reactions: pattykay
So this morning I got a pop-up in Gamefinder saying that there is a new version of Gamefinder, and asking if I wanted to launch it. After selecting "Launch" I noticed that the new version of Gamefinder makes this false ad even more annoying, putting it right in the middle of the listings of the games, and prominently displaying at the top of the banner "Multi-Sport Pack: Over 35 channels of your favorite sports networks."
View attachment 142261
Come on, Dish! Either actually start delivering more than 35 channels in Multi-Sport Pack, or get this ad fixed!
:mad:
The updated version of Gamefinder has apparently finally been rolled out to the public, since this is now the only version of Gamefinder that I have on my Wally with software version U808 and Application Software version AN413. This exact same annoying Multi-Sport ad is still there, and it still says "Over 35 channels..."

I have a hard time understanding how Dish comes up with that number, with all of the RSN's in dispute still missing. There has not even been an update about the disputes on the dishpromise page since 12/19. (Coincidentally, that was five days after I took the picture in the post quoted above. So, there has been no progress in resolving the disputes, yet Dish still refuses to fix their false advertising claim about the number of channels in Multi-Sport.)

When you add in the multiple channels of Big 10 and Pac 12 you get 39 channels. It’s not just the RSNs.
Those are not full-time channels, though (at least, not the satellite-delivered alternate channels) and Dish hardly ever uses them for anything. You might as well count all of the Sports Alt channels at the end of the RSN range, too, even though those are just part-time, game-only channels, with no guarantee of which channel number will be used for your team's game on any given day, if your team is still being carried by Dish at all.

Dish's website shows only 23 channels in Multi-Sport: Request Rejected
Yes, they list Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC as collapsible channels for the Hopper, just like they do for the remaining RSN's. Otherwise, they still only list one channel number for each channel, rather than list all of the alternate channels, since there is really only one full-time channel for each network listed.

Those are not full-time channels, though (at least, not the satellite-delivered alternate channels) and Dish hardly ever uses them for anything. You might as well count all of the Sports Alt channels at the end of the RSN range, too, even though those are just part-time, game-only channels, with no guarantee of which channel number will be used for your team's game on any given day, if your team is still being carried by Dish at all.

Yes, they list Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC as collapsible channels for the Hopper, just like they do for the remaining RSN's. Otherwise, they still only list one channel number for each channel, rather than list all of the alternate channels, since there is really only one full-time channel for each network listed.
On further inspection, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Bases Loaded are not full-time channels, either, and they share the same channel number, yet are listed separately. So, saying "over 20 channels" would be a lot more accurate than trying to give an exact number, especially a number in the upper 30's.

What's also misleading is that 6 of those channels (NFLN, BTN, P12N, LHN, SECN & FS2) are already included in AT120+, which is the minimum package required to get the Multi-Sport Pack. So, you're really only getting 17 channels.

Reactions: pattykay
What's also misleading is that 6 of those channels (NFLN, BTN, P12N, LHN, SECN & FS2) are already included in AT120+, which is the minimum package required to get the Multi-Sport Pack. So, you're really only getting 17 channels.
I thought of that argument about Multi-Sport as well. However, the channels you listed are not included in Dish Latino Max, which is the minimum Spanish-language package to qualify for Multi-Sport. So, those subscribers do gain those channels by adding Multi-Sport. Also, if the minimum threshold for adding Multi-Sport ever gets lowered to make it available to those of us with smaller packages, then we would also gain those channels by adding Multi-Sport, even though the vast majority of Multi-Sport subscribers would still already have those channels in their basic package.

...Application Software version AN413. This exact same annoying Multi-Sport ad is still there, and it still says "Over 35 channels..."
With the new Application Software version AN421, the Gamefinder app no longer has the misleading Multi-Sport ad!
:everybodydance
Of course, there are no longer any games listed there, either. The only category is Favorites, with the message "Get the most from GameFinder by choosing your Favorite Teams!" I checked the Options, and my favorite teams are still checked. It is just that with no games being played, there is nothing to display in those categories.

Reactions: BamaFan2
Come on Dish !!! Who changed the names of the NCAAF football teams from their College name like Texas Tech to Raiders or Texas A&M to Aggies. Do you know how many Aggies and Raiders there are in college football??? Get it back to what you did every year prior to this one.
At least I'm a Trojan and not a Cougar, Wildcat, or Bulldog. I can't think of another D1 team with the name Trojan. Also safe bets... Sooners, Crimson Tide, and those teams that shall not be name from South Bend and the Westside of LA.

I just stumbled upon this thread because I'm pissed the old Game Finder had the scores and the game "rankings" on the right side so you could easily switch back and forth between interesting games. Would be especially helpful right now during March Madness, DishNetwork!

The new version absolutely sucks. Whoever thought covering 1/3 of the TV screen should be fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts