GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

Woo Hoo! Alaska & Hawai'i have moved up to Second-Class Citizen status (we're now getting all of the channels we're paying for). Now if Charlie & the Boyz would let us have some of that "National" HD, we could move up to First-Class citizens!

Woo Hoo! Alaska & Hawai'i have moved up to Second-Class Citizen status (we're now getting all of the channels we're paying for). Now if Charlie & the Boyz would let us have some of that "National" HD, we could move up to First-Class citizens!

Good to hear! However, the rest of us are getting cancer from this thing it's so powerful.

Ok, I'm in Hawaii but I don't see anything new. What am I missing? I have everything pack and HD

Confirmed that transfer from E8 to E11 dramatically reduced signal strength in Southern Baja (confirming published E11 footprint shifting north). Marginal to 0 signal on various transponders with 2.4M antennas.

There are huge signal lost on fringe area of the satellite since E11. And even some TP change to 7/8 FEC make it hard to maintain signal in heavy rain down pour. Some TP's are no greater than 55% quality.

There are huge signal lost on fringe area of the satellite since E11. And even some TP change to 7/8 FEC make it hard to maintain signal in heavy rain down pour. Some TP's are no greater than 55% quality.
fringe area ? Where do you live? E11 as was it's predecessor is a CONUS satellite..Our friends in AK and HI can receive sigs from E11 as well as 129 and 148...

fringe area ? Where do you live? E11 as was it's predecessor is a CONUS satellite..Our friends in AK and HI can receive sigs from E11 as well as 129 and 148...

No, we in Alaska can't see 129. The Fairbanks locals are on 148. Maybe with ciel-2 going up soon we will be able to receive all the HD that is on it, whoever knows isn't talking.

Everything I've seen regarding Ciel-2 is that it's supposed to be CONUS. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a good signal from 129W...

No, we in Alaska can't see 129. The Fairbanks locals are on 148. Maybe with ciel-2 going up soon we will be able to receive all the HD that is on it, whoever knows isn't talking.
ahh ok...I didn't know that AK couldn't see 129..thanks for the clarification. To the best of my knowledge, Ciel2 is spposed to relace the current 129 bird. That piece has some problem which prevents the satellite from operating at full power....

Everything I've seen regarding Ciel-2 is that it's supposed to be CONUS. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a good signal from 129W...

You haven't seen anything accurate about Ciel-2 then, because it is a Canadian satellite - which would make it senseless for it to be "CONUS". :D

Since it has to cover all of Canada and all of the United States, then it will surely get a decent signal in Alaska.

I thought I read that Dish has leased all of the transponders on ciel-2. If it's going to replace the present 129 sat then it will have to have at least the same number of transponders, configured either as spots or conus wouldn't it?

Some while back on the other site I saw a map of the foot print of ciel-2 and there was a strong lobe headed to Ak and one to Hi too. I can't find that map now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, Soon. :D

I thought I read that Dish has leased all of the transponders on ciel-2. If it's going to replace the present 129 sat then it will have to have at least the same number of transponders, configured either as spots or conus wouldn't it? ...
Dish is using several CONUS transponders for SD and HD locals in various DMAs. When Ciel-2 is operational, several of those DMAs where the coverage doesn't overlap can use one spotbeam TP, so Ciel-2 will make more efficient use of the available transponders.