GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

Here are some photos from the launch. :)

These are unretouched, so enjoy! I now have the first one set as my desktop backround.

Attachments

• Echo 11 pic 1.jpg
    Echo 11 pic 1.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 460
  • Echo 11 pic 2.jpg
    Echo 11 pic 2.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 428
Congrats on this launch Dish. Hopefully testing will go smoothly and your bird will be up an running soon. You Dish subs deserve some good news.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-08-1690A1.pdf

On July 15, 2008, the Satellite Division granted EchoStar Satellite Operating L.L.C. special temporary authority for 30 days commencing on July
20, 2008 to test the EchoStar 11 satellite at the 138.5° W.L. orbital location in the 12.2-12.7 and 17.3-17.8 GHz bands, and later to conduct
telemetry, tracking and control operations with the EchoStar 11satellite as it is relocated from 138.5° W.L. to its assigned location at 110.0° W.L.
once testing is complete.

On July 15, 2008, the Satellite Division granted EchoStar Satellite Operating L.L.C. special temporary authority for 30 days commencing on July
20, 2008 to test the EchoStar 11 satellite at the 138.5° W.L. orbital location in the 12.2-12.7 and 17.3-17.8 GHz bands, and later to conduct
telemetry, tracking and control operations with the EchoStar 11satellite as it is relocated from 138.5° W.L. to its assigned location at 110.0° W.L.

Hmmmm. I wonder what would happen if I set up the Dish 1000.2 again to hit 129/148 again. The 119 LNB would probably pick up signal from this satellite at 138.5 but what would it identify it as?

P, Smith, what do you think?

Hmmmm. I wonder what would happen if I set up the Dish 1000.2 again to hit 129/148 again. The 119 LNB would probably pick up signal from this satellite at 138.5 but what would it identify it as?

P, Smith, what do you think?

I'm betting we will see some duplicated muxes from 110 and/or 119 there. No need to build new muxes, new TIDs, and add to NIT tables, etc. This is how they've tested in the past and seems easy for them. So if you were indeed pointed to 138.5 and just so happened to find the correct location your receiver might find signals labeled as 110, then again it might not find much.

Best bet is a spectrum analyzer on a motorized dish or a FTA system.

Sorry but this is all above my head. Is this the satellite that is supposed to replace the one that wobbles? I read a while back that the "wobbling" satellite was the reason why I needed a second dish to help with the poor signal I was receiving on my locals.

Sorry but this is all above my head. Is this the satellite that is supposed to replace the one that wobbles? I read a while back that the "wobbling" satellite was the reason why I needed a second dish to help with the poor signal I was receiving on my locals.

I imagine you're referring to Echostar 5 at 129, with is Dish's most troubled satellite in wide use. No, this will not replace E5. This will replace Echostar 8 at 110. E5 is to be replaced by the Canadian Sat. Ciel 2, probably launching early next year, depending on how fast International Launch Services can work through their backload after the AMC-14 failure and investigation.

Test to end 8-29?

So this means that they will finish testing of sat by the 29th of Aug? Then they will be moving it to 110? Right now it has been playing around at just about 113 & moving slowly to the W at just below geo altitude.

So this means that they will finish testing of sat by the 29th of Aug? Then they will be moving it to 110? Right now it has been playing around at just about 113 & moving slowly to the W at just below geo altitude.

It means they can test it for 30 days. They could test it for 2 days if they wanted to.

They should finish testing and occupying the slot by Aug,20. No later. Or new STA will require.
Right now it still on GTO orbit and far away from the testing point.

I'm betting we will see some duplicated muxes from 110 and/or 119 there. No need to build new muxes, new TIDs, and add to NIT tables, etc. This is how they've tested in the past and seems easy for them. So if you were indeed pointed to 138.5 and just so happened to find the correct location your receiver might find signals labeled as 110, then again it might not find much.

Best bet is a spectrum analyzer on a motorized dish or a FTA system.

It would be interesting to set up a 1000.2 dish and see a checkswitch that says 110 129 148 all on the same dish. That would be a cool picture.

FYI, I have pointed a 1000.2 at 129/148 and found them both on the dish before and posted the pictures here. I speculated that a bird at 138 could be picked up. However, I imagine they would have to add tables for that location. Although if they do what you are saying, then a checkswitch might show a valid result for all three. Now I'm anxious to see.

Previous tests (at 157W for example) proof different - we saw real Dish muxes as mirror of 110 or 119 transponders. TIDs for the slot is different thing.

Yep. I remember when Echo4 went to 77, they had mirrored 110/119 muxes there. Makes it easy to test with real world data but without disturbing the "system".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts