GameFinder

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
Why does Game Finder tell me that the game between the Red Sox And the Astros is unavailable to watch when I am watching it on MLBN Channel 152?

I contacted Thuuz about providing an option to change the default sort to time. This was quite a while back. Their reply was that they just do what Dish says to and for me to contact Dish. Knowing how responsive Dish is to user concerns, I just forgot about it. Sigh.

I've tried game finder before but always found it worthless. It's almost always faster for me to look it up on my phone or just scan the channels myself.

I've tried game finder before but always found it worthless. It's almost always faster for me to look it up on my phone or just scan the channels myself.
I usually go to DishAnywhere on my iPad and go to Sports. It lists any games going on at the time and games that will be on later that day. I can go live on the TV from there or set a recording.

Reactions: pattykay
GameFinder did the same for me earlier this week when looking for the Cubs playoff games, thinking it had something to do with them being scheduled after the regular season ended.

Not for me on the Flex pack. Gamefinder tells me which channel pack I need to turn on to get my game(s), since they aren't in my guide normally. :)

Of course I'm talking about the web version, as I don't have a Hopper.

There was a streak right in the middle of the NBA season last year where Game Finder would tell me that the NBA games were unavailable, blacked out or whatever. And I have/had NBA League Pass. The weird thing was it worked fine for the first part of the season, then in the middle did that (say maybe 2 or 3 months) at which point I gave up on it. And then at the end of the season I tried it again and it worked fine. And I don't think it had anything with me turning on and off the Redzone and all the RSN's because I think it looks for the games on NBA LP channels. I unsubscribe to Redzone/RSNs after NFL regular season ends. Anyways, that was reminiscent of what I experienced.

Last week I believe I saw MLB website had listed the Red Sox Astros Game as only available out of the USA, with the game in the USA on ESPN, I believe. Must have changed it at the last minute or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)