Gamepro and Myths about gaming

Is that Myth about CRTs are better than LCDs & Plasma true? While I don't claim to know much on TVs, this one I can't swallow. Unless of course the "gaming" is specific to only consoles plugged into TVs and not PC gaming (using monitors).

Yes, it is. Not only is the colour truer to spec, but there ususally is no lag on a CRT based HDTV when in the native mode. Any lag seen is from the provider (Cable and Satellite). Of course there are not many true 1920x1080i HDTVs are there are no 1080p CRT based RPTV that I know of. But still, once calibrated there are no pictures a LCD, DLP or plasma can do that will outshine a good CRT.

Everyone wants a thin set and that is why CRT RPTVs are becoming history. I was hoping for SED but I understand we might not see that technology on the market.

Yes, it is. Not only is the colour truer to spec, but there ususally is no lag on a CRT based HDTV when in the native mode. Any lag seen is from the provider (Cable and Satellite).

Color depends on calibration but certainly better on CRTs - however I never had a problem with lag during fast HL2 or UT2k4 online parties on my 2405FPW, I think it's been grossly exaggerated. LCD is slower, CRT is immediate but also flickers and very tiresome after hours for the eyes if you have light-colored (ie blue like mine) eyes. Ever since I've ditched my CRT I don't have headache anymore, not even after 10-12 hours straight on front of my LCD.
There's no such thing as "native" mode on CRT.

Color depends on calibration but certainly better on CRTs - however I never had a problem with lag during fast HL2 or UT2k4 online parties on my 2405FPW, I think it's been grossly exaggerated. LCD is slower, CRT is immediate but also flickers and very tiresome after hours for the eyes if you have light-colored (ie blue like mine) eyes. Ever since I've ditched my CRT I don't have headache anymore, not even after 10-12 hours straight on front of my LCD.
There's no such thing as "native" mode on CRT.

Ive seen shadowing or whatever I think once ever on my 2405FPW... it depends on a lot of factors and is indeed very exaggerated.

Yes, it is. Not only is the colour truer to spec, but there ususally is no lag on a CRT based HDTV when in the native mode. Any lag seen is from the provider (Cable and Satellite). Of course there are not many true 1920x1080i HDTVs are there are no 1080p CRT based RPTV that I know of. But still, once calibrated there are no pictures a LCD, DLP or plasma can do that will outshine a good CRT.

Everyone wants a thin set and that is why CRT RPTVs are becoming history. I was hoping for SED but I understand we might not see that technology on the market.
I just purchased a new Mits Diamond DLP (got tired of waiting on SED), but my Mits Diamond CRT RPTV purchased almost five years ago still looks spectacular. Guests area always surprised at how good this set looks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)