Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

People also forget dish at one time dish carried sports programing with out any issues. Back in the day ( pre hd) dish carried every rsn minus a few NYC channels including every sports package minus NFL! So back then it was a non issue. Now that HD is the new standard people want thier sports in HD!

Bob, how long (and in how many threads?) are you going to keep beating the dead horse?

I wish I had that emoticon.....

You knew DISH was like this when you signed up again.....

STL Cards played 6 away games and 1 home game. I watched 3 on TV and all 3 were SD. (I was at the home game) Couple that with DISH not showing 34 blues games and 1/2 the ones they did show were in SD= Drop $120/month dish and go to UVERSE

Games IN HD Missed ON Dish Network Thursday April 15th 2010!

GAME, NETWORK

Red Sox @ Twins FSNNOHD (Day Game)
Angels @ Yankees YESHD ALT, FSWHD
Braves @ Padres SSHD,
Nationals @ PHillies MASNHD, CSNHD
Orioles @ Athletics MASNHD, CSNCAHD
Dbacks @ Dodgers FSAZHD, PRIMEHD

Boston @ Buffalo NESNHD, MSGHD (NOT ON VS but is listed as MSGHD and NESNHD on NHL's Site)
Los Angles @ Vancover FSwHD (could be located at VS but is listed as FSWHD on NHL's Site)

Note: No NBA games are scheduled.

Because I have accepted the fact MLB package will not be carried on DISH for the foreseeable future. I went out and bought the HD Roku box plus the high budget MLB net program and what have I got for my plus $200.00 investment is zippo. So I feel I have really been screwed!!!!

Well had my Direct service installed yesterday and watched the Suns vs Jazz in HD and Dodgers vs D-Backs. Both games were SD on dish.

Because I have accepted the fact MLB package will not be carried on DISH for the foreseeable future. I went out and bought the HD Roku box plus the high budget MLB net program and what have I got for my plus $200.00 investment is zippo. So I feel I have really been screwed!!!!
The Roku situation should be fixed soon. My understanding was they changed the way they were streaming without telling Roku... so Roku thought they were all set for opening day.

The changes MLB made requred a complete firmware upgrade on the Roku unit. That Firmware is now in beta testing and will be available to all shortly.

goaliebob-keep complaining until this issue is resolved! I have a choice of four video providers (Dish, DirecTV, U-Verse and Comcast) and they all have my two RSN's (CSN's Bay Area & California) in HD full-time. I stay with Dish for the hardware (722K) but I'm very frustrated with this issue. It must be addressed!

I understand that DirecTV is the place to go for sports. I have no unrealistic expectations that Dish will ever have the NFL Season Ticket or MLB Extra Innings, but this is a different situation than those 2 high-priced packages. Dish already has contracts with all of the RSNs that most of us are talking about (Philly and NY excluded). Dish also apparantly has plenty of space left to put up the channels. So, unless the RSNs themselves are demanding a high price for full time HD, it seems like this would be an easy way for Dish to keep its sports fans happy. I live in MASN territory, and Dish doesn't even have a part-time channel set up for MASN HD or MASN 2 HD. I don't want or expect to be able to see every market's games in HD via a high-priced package, I just want to be able to see my local teams in HD - like everyone in my area with DirecTV, Comcast, or FIOS can do.

Games broadcasting in HD but not in HD on Dish Network for Friday, April 16th 2010! At least dish is equal opportunity when it comes to missing games. I guess NHL playoffs means nothing to customers in New Jersey and Philli, at least dish thinks so!

Game, Network

MLB

Astros @ Cubs, FSHHD
White Sox @ Indians WCIUHD
Reds @ Pirates FSOHD
Marlins @ PHILLIES CSNHD
Brewers @ Nationals MASNHD
Rangers @ Yankees YESHD
Angels @ Blue Jays FSWHD, SNETHD
Rays @ Red Sox SSHD
Rockies @ Braves PTVHD
Royals @ Twins FSKCHD, FSNHD
Mets @ Cardinals WIPXHD, FSMHD
Dbacks @ Padres FSA+HD (RSNALT), 4SANHD
Orioles @ Athletics MASN2HD, CSNCAHD + (RSNALT)
Tigers @ Mariners FSD+ (RSNALT), FSNHD

NHL

Philadelphia @ New Jersey CSNPHHD, MSG+HD (RSN ALT)
Detroit @ Phoenix FS-A HD
Colorado @ Sanjose CSN-CA HD

NBA

No games Scheduled

from what i heard dish won't have an mlb package anytime soon. charlie apparently got into a childish argument with those that supply the package and charlie then said he would never have it again. just a rumor or course but i wouldn't put it past him. :D

MLB network is showing a lot of games this year. I hope Dish gets this channel as it would make the network even better. The more providers that carry it, the better it is for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLB network is showing a lot of games this year. I hope Dish gets this channel as it would make the network even better. The more providers that carry it, the better it is for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea , the Yankees game was blacked out last night on All the Channels and including YES alternate.
I have MLB EI, and I live in the NY RSN DMA, So what was the excuse for the black out?

from what i heard dish won't have an mlb package anytime soon. charlie apparently got into a childish argument with those that supply the package and charlie then said he would never have it again. just a rumor or course but i wouldn't put it past him. :D

This isnt about getting MLBEI, this is about getting your local sports network in HD all the time!

Yea , the Yankees game was blacked out last night on All the Channels and including YES alternate.
I have MLB EI, and I live in the NY RSN DMA, So what was the excuse for the black out?
the game should have been available on your RSN (YES I guess). I know the MLB Net games are blacked out in the teams territory forcing you to watch it on the local RSN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts