Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

I also call BS. Fully a third of the games on SNY this year have NOT been shown in HD by E*. At least once a week, I tune in to check on the Mets game and I am stuck watching Mushyvision.

I would LIKE 24/7 HD, but will live with game only HD until they can get the capacity, BUT there is no reason for them to be missing games now with hockey and basketball off the air from the RSNs. EVERY game should be in HD. Period.

From my perspective the most important thing right now regarding HD RSN's is to stop missing HD games. If they do indeed turn on a few full time HD RSN's after the July launch perhaps that will free up enough TP space so none of the HD games are shown in SD.

In a perfect world all of the HD RSN's would be 24/7 but first and foremost Dish needs to stop missing HD games.

My $0.02

:up

I like how Carlie said they broadcast all the games in HD and the studio to SD. (I've seen games this year that weren't in HD or the famous JIP) Another thing that makes me mad about Part time HD is rain delays either end up in SD or get cut off. I guess since I'm watching the Pirates (losing) it's not a big deal to catch them in SD. Maybe the losses won't feel as bad in SD...haha

Tonight's Cubs/Mariners game is listed in HD in the guide on channel 444, but apparently Dish didn't flip the switch because it is still showing the "Check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD" message. Dish is on a roll lately.

Tonight's Cubs/Mariners game is listed in HD in the guide on channel 444, but apparently Dish didn't flip the switch because it is still showing the "Check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD" message. Dish is on a roll lately.

I've had this problem numerous times esp. when I set a DVR timer for the event. Sometimes you need to change channels after they do flip to your game. When their's no music playing during the "Check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD" message you need to change channels and then flip back. It's a big issue for me because I will often never see any of the game because the game is on a timer.

Another Met game tonight on SNY isn't in HD. I talked with a dish operator online and she told me the game should be in HD and I would have to talk to their tech support because I must be having a problem on my end. I knew it wasn't on my end so I tried another operator and this time he told me that they didn't have the HD rights to the game, some other national broadcaster must have the rights to the game and they could not show SNY in HD. I told him Direct and Cablevision both had it in HD here in NY and then he came back and said Dish just wasn't broadcasting the game in HD and I had to watch it in SD. I said is it because Dish doesn't have the capacity for HD sports and he said Dish is working very hard to correct this problem and to try and be patient. Why doesn't Dish just come out and say that they CAN NOT do all sports in HD yet instead of giving their customers the run around on why their game isn't in HD?

blts' post illustrates the most frustrating part of the hd rsn dish situation IMO. The fact that dish is being evasive, dismissive and flat out dishonest about the situation is b.s.

It's not even that dish cannot broadcast all the hd rsn games in hd. They could do it but they have made a conscious decision not to dedicate the tp space.

blts' post illustrates the most frustrating part of the hd rsn dish situation IMO. The fact that dish is being evasive, dismissive and flat out dishonest about the situation is b.s.

It's not even that dish cannot broadcast all the hd rsn games in hd. They could do it but they have made a conscious decision not to dedicate the tp space.

Yep.......... Dish doesnt care about sports fans, just as much as they dont care about fans of disney.... Infact im hard pressed to find anything that dish really cares about. You cant count movies as they have to keep there Niche someway. It wouldnt surprise me to see dish go away if they dont change something drastically soon! :up

I hope the launch later on today helps them accomplish that becuase dish in its present form, is more like a 30th teir provider when you compare it versus other providers.

I still don't get all of the Met's games on SNY in HD. I call up Dish everytime it happens and they give me every excuse under the sun except the correct one. I don't know if the operators are just clueless or they are told by Dish to act dumb when people ask why the games are not in HD. I finally got them to admit a couple of times after talking with them online that Dish just doesn't have the capacity to all games in HD which I knew and that they are working hard to correct this problem but they have no idea when they will have this problem corrected. I don't care any more because in 3 days I will be having Direct TV installed and I can cancel Dish after being with them for over 12 years.

I see Comcast Sports Net Chicago has the Cubs game in HD today but not the Sox game tonight... Is there any way to know what games will be broadcast in HD other than looking at the on-screen guide?

Yep.......... Dish doesnt care about sports fans, just as much as they dont care about fans of disney.... Infact im hard pressed to find anything that dish really cares about. You cant count movies as they have to keep there Niche someway. It wouldnt surprise me to see dish go away if they dont change something drastically soon! :up

I hope the launch later on today helps them accomplish that becuase dish in its present form, is more like a 30th teir provider when you compare it versus other providers.
Well, they had Fox Soccer HD several months before Directv did. They also had Fox Soccer Plus the day it was made available. So Dish can't not care about sports fans that much. Now only if they could get Gol TV HD.

cubswin said:
Not that it matters, but the Cubs are once again not in HD tonight on Comcast Sports Net Chicago. Dish, you suck.
I saw the Indians playing the Red Sox on tv, but that wasn't available in HD... and man did it look awful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)