Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

Last night after NBC completed the Blackhawks game, Comcast Sports net Chicago picked up the post game where NBC left off. Was that in hd Nope! Was in in HD on Comcast, Uverse, Directv, RCN, and Everyother provider YEP!

On top of that dish is raising prices, and not adding the programming that they claim costs the most! Pricing is about equal to D*

Last night after NBC completed the Blackhawks game, Comcast Sports net Chicago picked up the post game where NBC left off. Was that in hd Nope! Was in in HD on Comcast, Uverse, Directv, RCN, and Everyother provider YEP!
Yeah, that sucked and I expect the same thing for the rest of the series. Part time RSN's were fine in 2007, but its time for Dish to get with the program.

welcome to the D* family :)
(where sports fans stress levels only go up while watching the game instead of worrying if its in HD or not) ;)

I second that welcome. If you love sports in addition to Movies, local channels and other programming in HD, Directv is the only place to be.

As soon as my committement is up I will be doing the same.

If it helps....Directv as one of there rebate offers, you can get a rebate of up to 200.00 to pay your contract (it comes as a visa card)

I wish I did not pitch my last Dish bill that they mailed out to me and I cant access online anymore via Dish

Another day, another game not in HD. The Cubs/Pirates game on Comcast Sports Net + is not in HD tonight. We're going backwards Dish...

Great job Bob!!
He got through on Charlie Chat and asked about fulltime RSN hd.
Chuck did say the July satellite launch COULD bring a few RSN hd fulltime and the rest will follow next year after the launches of two satellites next year.
Chuck has promised these before and has not delivered.
Chuck also said that people seemed fine showing game only hd. ( I call bs on this Charlie).

Thanks, Yea we have been discussing that here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215104-why-dish-still-missing-games-hd-12.html

I put up a poll and tt the time of this posting 55 percent say they want it on full time, 35 say they dont care (the movie buffs) and 10 percent want things to stay the way they are. Charlie did make me feel bad though for blasing him as bad as I have been, and making him look like the Joker.... Hes a good guy and I wish I knew him better personally as I know if I did, we could be great freinds, but he is the face of dish network and I do need to protest. He's just trying to do the best that he can, but I really do think he needs to recheck the gameplan on the HDRSN situation.

On the launch of the new sat (wich happens to be on my birthday) Maybe they are looking to launch big markets like chicago, and channels that will cover the most territory. You launch the big markets, because you will get 3 billion plus viewership first, then stuff like FSW and MASN for the coverage area. Were less than a month from the launch of the new bird, and if its only a 90 day wait for these to appear, thats alot better than this time next year.

It would be nice to see Charlie do some good faith launches on the 14th or 21st of July if the bird is in working order at 61.5, and launch the rest in September just in time for playoffs, and for the NBA & NHL seasons to kick back up. That's alot better than what anyone here (including Scott is saying)

Charlie was also right about moving on, wich is the main reason why I havent left Dish, I dont want to pay for all the DVR's to move on to Directv, I also dont want to deal with the hassel and I feel that if Dish added RSN's full time in HD they would have a very strong lineup. Right now dish offers everything a guy could want minus HDRSN's and maybe a few channels here and there. Im so hard on Dish because I know with the addition of these channels they have instantly cornered the market. The problem is, Directv will do it sooner than them because of thier new D*12 launch. That will cost charlie money in the end.

I dont think these guys see it, but I'm glad that they are taking the time to address it (somewhat) They are doing better, but not like the good ole days. :)

From my perspective the most important thing right now regarding HD RSN's is to stop missing HD games. If they do indeed turn on a few full time HD RSN's after the July launch perhaps that will free up enough TP space so none of the HD games are shown in SD.

In a perfect world all of the HD RSN's would be 24/7 but first and foremost Dish needs to stop missing HD games.

My $0.02

From my perspective the most important thing right now regarding HD RSN's is to stop missing HD games. If they do indeed turn on a few full time HD RSN's after the July launch perhaps that will free up enough TP space so none of the HD games are shown in SD.

In a perfect world all of the HD RSN's would be 24/7 but first and foremost Dish needs to stop missing HD games.

My $0.02
Making the HD RSN's full-time is probably the only way to accomplish that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts