Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

What a tease! Mets had a doubleheader today. First game was in HD. The second game just started. The HD feed on SNY was still on, I was shocked and then came the third batter of the game and bam! "Come back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"

Thanks Dish!

Ditto. Hey E! It is bad enough that you only have the channel on part time, but it REALLY cheeses me off when my recording stopped cold after the third batter and made me miss the second game (I had DVRd all of it to compress 5 hours of ball into 2 hours of playback by skipping ads and dead time between pitches.)

If you can notice an afternoon game that WASN'T on the original schedule, HOW can you miss a night game that was always ON the schedule?

Better yet, use up some of that available bandwidth and leave them on 24/7. Kill a few PPV channels if you must, since 95% of your subscribers aren't paying $7 a movie ANYWAY. When XBox streaming movie downloads are cheaper I KNOW you are charging too much.

Yes, bizarre things happen to the trickplay once the feed is cut off..... A real nuisance. Maybe if D* made fun of THAT in their commercials, they would change their ways.

Heck Dish isnt even changing thier ways now, so I say let D* keep poking at them.

The thing that surprises me is that D* lands a marshmallow punch on their recent ad by snickering "all they did was win an award a few years ago for their DVR"... Um, THAT'S your slam? Then, they turn and make fun of cable.

Here's some suggestions.....

Have them hand the E* guy in the commercials a calculator because he obviously can't count to 200 properly.

Have them ridicule the E* guy for having a bunch of their HD channels only count as .1 each as that's the percentage of each day that they are turned on.

Have them ridicule the E* guy for not carrying the MLB Channel (or YES in the New York market... you could tailor an ad for the NY market by having a voice call from off camera "What about the Yankee games?!!??") (E* can't even say watch the ones on ESPN as they mostly get blacked out now)

Have them slam E* for their "low prices" by pointing out that a home with 4 TVs could pay a couple hundred dollars more a year because of their new "simplified" fee structure.

Have them ridicule the E* guy for not carrying the MLB Channel (or YES in the New York market... you could tailor an ad for the NY market by having a voice call from off camera "What about the Yankee games?!!??") (E* can't even say watch the ones on ESPN as they mostly get blacked out now)
They do have a commercial about this one. The commercials says something on the line about the same TV for less? The commercial points out that Dish does not carry YES, MLBNet, EI, ex. They then follow with, "And that is only baseball"

Braves Home Game Not in HD Last Night

I was disgusted last night when I found that Dish was only carrying the SD feed and not the HD feed for the Atlanta Braves home game last night. Dish is going backwards on carrying the MLB feeds of the HD regional sports networks. I have not missed being able to pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket, etc as I get more than enough sports on Dish. However, I am digusted when Dish cuts back on their carriage of the HD feeds from the regional sports networks. I much prefer to watch sports in HD and DTV might start picking up some long time Dish customers like myself with their reduced carriage of the HD feeds from the regional sports networks. Because of this, I might switch to DTV even with their (in my opinion) inferior HD DVR's. I have a 622 and 2 722's and really like them.

Today's (Thurs) game on CSNBA-HD Giants @ Florida wasn't in HD despite being the guide last week ago and playing on the east coast. Not in the guide anymore.

Yeah, that's two Giants games this season not in HD with one other being jipped! Not too bad but anything in SD only is not acceptable.

I don't like the SD only games. But, compared to last year's offerings of HD, this year has been a vast improvement.

Here is a weird one,

Dish has the cubs game on 429 in HD. Then after the cubs they have the white sox in HD on 429 as a join in progress. But thats not the issue. The issue is the alternate channel where the full white sox game is, (cant remember the channel number off of my head, but its in with the alternate channels. ) The game is on in SD. The HD channel that corresponds with that SD channel has, You guessed it! The Echostar check back to see if your favorite team is playing slate! Why bother JIP on the main channel if your not going to do the whole deal. While I am happy that we atleast get a quarter of the game in HD (if that) , but its just crazy that they keep toying with their costumers like that.

I just sent this..........to the CEO

As to "FSN Wisconsin"

I am currently a Dish subscriber, but have had “D” in the past, as well.

If Time Warner & At&T Uverse can have it as a full time dedicated channel, then why can’t “Dish”

I live in Wisconsin and are subjected to having “FSN North” as the geographical fulltime RSN.

Their programming is useless to people in Wisconsin.

How about the following as an alternative:

You could trim the bandwidth by removing all Wisconsin residents from “FSN North”

In turn, with this savings, it should allow for the adoption of “FSN Wisconsin”, making all of my fellow residents smile knowing they would never have to search the RSN alternatives each night trying to find their ballgame.

I look forward to your reply.

You could trim the bandwidth by removing all Wisconsin residents from “FSN North”

In turn, with this savings, it should allow for the adoption of “FSN Wisconsin”, making all of my fellow residents smile knowing they would never have to search the RSN alternatives each night trying to find their ballgame.

I am thoroughly confused by that 1st part. How are they "trimming the bandwidth?" FSN North is still there full time on a transponder for folks in MN, ND, SD and anyone who subs to the multi-sports pack. You're not saving any bandwidth

As to the 2nd part, I dont know why Dish doesnt attempt to use the same channel each time. Heck, if you check the Astros site (who is in the same boat as you) they at least have a monthly schedule of what channel its on. Brewers dont even have that luxury

Astros Satellite TV Schedule | astros.com: Schedule

Iceberg said:
I am thoroughly confused by that 1st part. How are they "trimming the bandwidth?" FSN North is still there full time on a transponder for folks in MN, ND, SD and anyone who subs to the multi-sports pack. You're not saving any bandwidth

As to the 2nd part, I dont know why Dish doesnt attempt to use the same channel each time. Heck, if you check the Astros site (who is in the same boat as you) they at least have a monthly schedule of what channel its on. Brewers dont even have that luxury

Astros Satellite TV Schedule | astros.com: Schedule
Dish management is dumb real dumb
ex i got internet from camcast. because of the speed needed for the 922 slingbox. The 925 eas a big head ace, To make matters worse camcast is aware lf this along with the part time rsn hd. They have offlred to pay the early termination fee if I switch. I may dl this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the problem is tonight? The excuse is always that since the NHL & NBA playoffs are going on, they have to cut bandwidth.

Well tonight there is one NHL game but it's on VS. (full time HD channel anyway) and there are no NBA games tonight!

:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)