Games in HD but not on Dish in HD (Part time HD)

Red Sox are always in HD on NESN except when the Bruins play. For some reason the Bruins get the Hd and the Red Sox are relegated to the NESN Plus channel in SD like tonight
Duh, the Bruins game is a playoff game. :eureka:

Once in a while we get lucky and the NESN Plus channel is in HD on one of the HD ALT channels. Last week, the Sox were on 442.

Don't take it personally, They're telling me the same lies too. CSR told me that they were just like the mailman and that they can only send HD signal when CSNBA sends it to them. I knew immanently that he was lying. Same BS/

I wasn't taking it personally. There have been others reporting that they've been told the same thing. That tells me that it probably isn't a rogue CSR making things up on the fly. It sounds like they have been trained to lie to their customers. I'll update if/when I get a response fro mthe CEO address.

I wasn't taking it personally. There have been others reporting that they've been told the same thing. That tells me that it probably isn't a rogue CSR making things up on the fly. It sounds like they have been trained to lie to their customers. I'll update if/when I get a response fro mthe CEO address.

I have also called and got the same line of BS. I also emailed the ceo 3 days ago and nothing yet.

I have also called and got the same line of BS. I also emailed the ceo 3 days ago and nothing yet.
It's been my experience that the CEO address does not handle programming issues like this. Myself and other folks that have posted here have gotten pretty prompt responses and hopefully resolutions from this address for things like billing issues, install problems, etc. Things that can easily be fixed or addressed by a single rep.

Dish has played CSN+ HD games before, They were just stuffed in w/ the RSN alts.
The Cubs were not in HD last night, but I'm torn on whether to expect Dish to provide all the CSN+ HD broadcasts. It is great when they do, but even if they carried RSN's 24/7, could we still expect them to carry the alternate HD feeds? I guess that all depends on what implementation they use for 24/7 RSN's (assuming they are coming eventually). If CSN is broadcasting a Bulls game in HD on the main channel, and both the Cubs and White Sox in HD on alternate channels, can we really blame Dish for not being able to show all 3 in HD?

Don't take it personally, They're telling me the same lies too. CSR told me that they were just like the mailman and that they can only send HD signal when CSNBA sends it to them. I knew immanently that he was lying. Same BS/

If they want the signal full time all dish has to do is wire up gal 17 cband! Im sure that they already are and that the excuse from CSR's is just a lame one to get you off of the phone because there is no explanation for why dish doesnt carry full time HD RSN's!

The Cubs were not in HD last night, but I'm torn on whether to expect Dish to provide all the CSN+ HD broadcasts. It is great when they do, but even if they carried RSN's 24/7, could we still expect them to carry the alternate HD feeds? I guess that all depends on what implementation they use for 24/7 RSN's (assuming they are coming eventually). If CSN is broadcasting a Bulls game in HD on the main channel, and both the Cubs and White Sox in HD on alternate channels, can we really blame Dish for not being able to show all 3 in HD?

Most of the time, there wont be all 3 in hd.. Usually one of the baseball games would be split between WCIUHD and WGNHD. (btw I'm hearing Directv is picking up WCIUHD) As far as Chicago HD channels, dish is missing out on all the spanish stations, WCIU, WTTW, WYCC, WYIN and Ion in hd

Also, what dish could do is add the HD rsn alt channels under the RSN as such:

CCNCHHD 429
CCNCHHDALT1 429-1
CCNCHHDALT2 429-2

This would make it easier for people to find their games in the guide.

What a tease! Mets had a doubleheader today. First game was in HD. The second game just started. The HD feed on SNY was still on, I was shocked and then came the third batter of the game and bam! "Come back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"

Thanks Dish!

CSN CHI can only show 2 HD game at one time right now and in about 1.5 years CSN + 2 was only used 1 time. Showed on directv about that time and that was before it even showed on CSN web site. It may of been needed last year if the bulls went more round but they did not but the hawks did and NOW WE HAVE HOME OVER vancouver!!!!!!!

Most of the time, there wont be all 3 in hd.. Usually one of the baseball games would be split between WCIUHD and WGNHD. (btw I'm hearing Directv is picking up WCIUHD) As far as Chicago HD channels, dish is missing out on all the spanish stations, WCIU, WTTW, WYCC, WYIN and Ion in hd

Also, what dish could do is add the HD rsn alt channels under the RSN as such:

CCNCHHD 429
CCNCHHDALT1 429-1
CCNCHHDALT2 429-2

This would make it easier for people to find their games in the guide.
Ion Chicago is just the National feed and they are adding the National feed of 2 of HD Spanish feeds.

Directv needs WPWR HD, WCIU HD, WYCC HD, and CLTV HD

What a tease! Mets had a doubleheader today. First game was in HD. The second game just started. The HD feed on SNY was still on, I was shocked and then came the third batter of the game and bam! "Come back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"

Thanks Dish!
The second game is currently on MLBNetwork. Too bad Dish does not have this channel. As a Direct sub and a baseball fan, I would love for Dish subs to also have this channel

426 - FSNW HD

I too have noticed that most of the Mariners games have been in beautiful SD. Last year I recall most of the games carried on FSN were HD via DISH. I agree with a previous post that all of the SD games being telecast is the result of all the new national HD.

Charlie better find more room for full time RSNs.

None of the Astros games for this week are listed as HD from FSSW or FS Houston. Last year most of the home games and some of the away games were in HD. This year nothing.

The Seattle / KC games 4/26 and 4/27 were not in HD. Last week there were a couple games not carried in HD on Dish. I am so tired of this BS from Dish, I pay the money but don't get the product!

Ion Chicago is just the National feed and they are adding the National feed of 2 of HD Spanish feeds.

Directv needs WPWR HD, WCIU HD, WYCC HD, and CLTV HD

Whoops yea forgot about CLTVHD, BTW any provider can pickup CLTVHD and CLTV now. It used to be a comcast exclusive, but WGN got smart and is now allowing any provider to pick it up. RTN has it, along with comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts