Gamespot declares 360 winning over PS3 on graphics

I can always back up my statements:

Your posts would indicate otherwise. Let's see how you do.

Is this enough information Sapient and Mikley28.

How wonderful that you found the courage to check your guess AFTER I did the research for you.

Now, if it were not for M$ VC-1 compression you would not be looking at HD-DVD at all.

Back up what you say.

However, with the BD-50gb disc you can still do MPEG2 and get the same or better quality.

Back up what you say. Which MPEG2 movies are showing better PQ?

No matter how you cut it BluRay is technologically superior to HD-DVD.

No. It has advantages and disadvantages. Backwards compatibility is recommended, but not required, for example. And there is a reason you don't see DVD/BD combo discs. And BD disks are more expansive and harder to master.

I don't think I will ever understand this need to spin the facts to support some product from some mega-corporation. What difference does it make to you who wins this fight? There really is not that much difference between the end product as far as the consumer experience goes.

http://www.thedvdwars.com/index.cfm

Ouch.....looks bad for Blu-Ray here.

Especially this statistic.
viz

Red are searches on HD-DVD. Blue-Ray is in Blue. Look at the spike at the end of 2006.

you know what sapient, here is the thing I Have NEVER EVER personally attacked you, like you have to me, and you say I am attacking you??? then Joe posts facts about Blu rays Bitrates being Higher then HD DVD and gives you examples of how high Blu rays bit rates are, and asks to show him higher HD DVD rates, and you say he dosent show facts? then you show facts that back him up...I am confused, you need to maybe watch youself a little, its really comments like yours that ruin forums, you tell people they are full of crap baiscally, and then attack people, meanwhile they are right...you dont make much sense at all!@

you know what sapient, here is the thing I Have NEVER EVER personally attacked you, like you have to me, and you say I am attacking you??? then Joe posts facts about Blu rays Bitrates being Higher then HD DVD and gives you examples of how high Blu rays bit rates are, and asks to show him higher HD DVD rates, and you say he dosent show facts? then you show facts that back him up...I am confused, you need to maybe watch youself a little, its really comments like yours that ruin forums, you tell people they are full of crap baiscally, and then attack people, meanwhile they are right...you dont make much sense at all!@

Joe is a fanboy who wouldn't know a fact if it bit him on the ass. He brings this on himself with his misleading, confusing and worthless posts.

Joe is a fanboy who wouldn't know a fact if it bit him on the ass. He brings this on himself with his misleading, confusing and worthless posts.

and thats fine if he is, I have talked to him several times, and when we have exchanged P.M.s he seems like a real great guy and dosent seem like a fan boy to me, but whatever. all I have ever asked because this forum (video games) has become opinions with people just saying stuff, and not showing their proof. For example, people will say this developer says the 360 is more powerful but never link anything. Then when you ask people to back up their talk, or not talk bad against anyone they jump down your throat, and say trash against you and it then becomes a you vs me (which I am sick of) and runs people off.

and thats fine if he is, I have talked to him several times, and when we have exchanged P.M.s he seems like a real great guy and dosent seem like a fan boy to me, but whatever. all I have ever asked because this forum (video games) has become opinions with people just saying stuff, and not showing their proof. For example, people will say this developer says the 360 is more powerful but never link anything. Then when you ask people to back up their talk, or not talk bad against anyone they jump down your throat, and say trash against you and it then becomes a you vs me (which I am sick of) and runs people off.

The DVD Wars website I posted is full of nothing but facts.The reviews of HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray I posted were subjective but useful within the context. What more do you want? I mean your internet has google too right?

Last edited:
The DVD Wars website I posted is full of nothing but facts.The reviews of HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray I posted were subjective but useful within the context. What more do you want? I mean your internet has google too right?

yeah it does, and I look up as much as I can, but there are some sites that dont show up, or that I just dont know how to check...Also I am not drawing sides, as I have a PS3, and I love the 360, so I am in the middle, just felt bad, but I am stepping out now, as I dont want to seem like a jerk, and have no ill feelings towards anyone, including sapient, just hate to see a gang rape :)

I can see you are really having troulble with this. Let's take it one step at a time.

Joe posts facts about Blu rays Bitrates being Higher then HD DVD

Twice now I have asked you to back this up with quotes. I am asking you again.

Look, I get it. You feel you have to attack people because you know you were caught in a bald faced lie. But I'm not going to play your game. You say that Joe's original link had the facts that showed BD had higher bitrates than HDDVD.

Put up or shut up. Hiding behind your personal attacks doesn't work.

And there is a big difference between posting opinions and making up facts. It is an opinion that BD will eventually dominate the market. No one could strongly back that up. But talking about maximum bitrates?

On bitrates here is a posting on BluRay bitrates -- you show me one on HD-DVD and then we can compare - okay?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=3338

:

there is joes facts, he then asked for someone to post HD DVD bit rates so that they could be compared and shown he was right...now you again insult me when I have YET to come after you, why is that sapient? what bold face lies are you talking about, I am sorry I just reread your post, bald face lies are you talking about where have I lied? why are you slinging mud like this? I dont get you I really dont. You know whats funny is that you yourself have proven Joesp's point, why are you still saying he is a liar, and attacking me like this? do you have anger problems?

there is joes facts, he then asked for someone to post HD DVD bit rates so that they could be compared

Posting facts is not the same thing as posting facts that BACK UP HIS CLAIM.

1) Posting facts.

2) Posting facts that back up a claim.

See if you can spot the difference between those two phrases. Take your time. I'll wait.

I think we can all agree that Joe linked to information that demonstrated that BD does indeed have bitrates. And if that had been his claim, I'd be joining you on his monumental achievement. But that was not his claim. His claim was that BD had higher bitrates than HDDVD.

And you claimed he did back that up. For the fourth time, put up or shut up.

You know whats funny is that you yourself have proven Joesp's point, why are you still saying he is a liar, and attacking me like this? do you have anger problems?

I DID prove Joe to be right. That is the point. Joe, like you, makes claims based on wishes, and hopes to be right. Joe happened to be right this time, just as you happened to be wrong. It is the APPROACH I am criticizing. Just as you never bothered to read Joe's link before pretending to know what it said, Joe did not bother to look up bitrates before making his claim. Guessing right or wrong, it is equally dishonest. It is the pretense that one is opperating from a position of knowledge that is the issue.

And I continue to be amused at your belief that personal attackes are completely wrong when you are not typing.

Sapient, I post facts -- you label them as lies. I even posted links for you to read. I posted the maximum bitrates for both HD-DVD and BluRay and you ignore them. I also posted a list of bitrates for current BluRay titles. I tried to find the bitrates for HD-DVD (I already know that VC-1 has been doing great PQ arround 14 to 16 mbits) but I could not find a list on bitrates for HD-DVD. I also know that if a studio uses MPEG2 on BluRay that bitrate has to be arround 20mbits for PQ to equal VC-1 at 14 mbits on HD-DVD. Now simple math will tell you that if BluRay has a higher bitrate then VC-1 on BluRay could be done with a higher bitrate also.

I posted all this. None of it is wishing. I did not atack you and challenge your interlect nor did I call you a liar. Seems you are doing exactly what you accuse me and others of doing. The real question here is why?

This forum is for sharing information. I tried to be as accurate as possible. You share a former post of mine in which I try to share something positive about BluRay and I guess if all but one studio supports BluRay and 12 differant hardware manufacturers are bring out standalone BluRay players is not increasing support then you tell what is? In that post I posted some old news and I appologized for that but it was still news and accurate.

Why are you persistant in trying to SHOUT down anything positive about BluRay? Also, if I could of found a chart of bitrates for HD-DVD movies I would of gladly posted it. Sorry if that set you off but now I wonder why there is none? Now I am going to start a new post (this one will be in the HD-DVD-BluRay Forum) for you to get into -- I hope you like it!

Sapient, I post facts -- you label them as lies. I even posted links for you to read. I posted the maximum bitrates for both HD-DVD and BluRay and you ignore them. I also posted a list of bitrates for current BluRay titles. I tried to find the bitrates for HD-DVD (I already know that VC-1 has been doing great PQ arround 14 to 16 mbits) but I could not find a list on bitrates for HD-DVD. !

Due, re-read the thread. You posted maximum bitrates for BD and HDDVD well after I had criticized you for asking other people to find evidecne to back you up. You posted them well after I did the research. The lie was in pretending to know BEFORE making your claim.

Speaking of lies, in a post ot me, you said you always back up your claims. I responded by asking you to back up two of them. Why didn't you provide your "facts"? As per usual, your word was worth nothing. And this is why people give you so much grief. If there was even a hint of honesty in your behavior, your life would be so much easier here.

Why are you persistant in trying to SHOUT down anything positive about BluRay?

Well, Mr. AlwaysBacksUpWhatHeSays, let's see some more of that JoeSP honesty. Let's see you back up that claim. When have I ever tried to shout down anything positive about BD? My beef here was with your behavior, not with BD.

I, not you, provided the data that showed BD had higher maximum bit rates than HD DVD. I also posted proof of your dishonesty. My words and actions are consistant.

Well, let me the first to thank-you for your contribution to this thread.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)