Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

I gassed up the Xterra today and paid $3.93 for 87 octane - down from $4.00. Still too high of a price. Good thing I don't get out much anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Finally a little less bending over for diesel burners.
Don't own anything diesel so doesn't directly affect me,other than it makes everything else cost more.And around here everything gets here by truck.
What I'm dreading is when I have to get a load of fuel oil for the furnace,really need to get my butt in gear on the firewood.

What I'm dreading is when I have to get a load of fuel oil for the furnace,really need to get my butt in gear on the firewood.
In most areas of the US, diesel automotive fuel and heating oil are essentially the same #2 ultra-low sulfur diesel so what happens to one pricewise usually happens to the other. The key difference in pricing is that heating oil (and "off-road" diesel) don't include a road maintenance tax that runs from zero in Alaska to 74.1 cents/gallon in Pennsylvania. The Federal tax on automotive diesel is 24.4 cents/gallon (gasoline is 18.4).

Oregon puts a 38 cent/gallon tax on automotive diesel and charges a rather complicated weight-mile tax on >26,000lb over-the-road trucks that are allowed to use off-road diesel.