Gateway Laptop LCD Screen Vertical Lines

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
I have a Gateway MX3228 laptop. The right hand 1/3 of the screen has vertical lines displayed as soon as it boots up and they never go away. If you torque the screen at the top the screen is visible but slightly distorted. Any idea what could be causing the issue and what, if anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks for the info. This is much cheaper than what I saw at some other sites recently. Are they pretty easy to install?
Yes as long as you take care with the tools your using and get the information for the case break down from the manufacturer or a local shop you trust. The case will have most of its screws accessable from the bottom, the head types may be miniature phillips or a variation of torque. In the case of my old compaq there was also two screws underneath a badge above the keyboard. The keyboard will have to come out and could be connected by way of a ribbon connection to the mb like mine was. The lcd has a seperate case of its own and there will be two screws at its base where the hinges are at most likely hidden behind two rubber plugs. The lcd will have a backlight source and will also have two connections as pictured in the screen, be sure to route those wires the exact same way as the originals to prevent crimping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts