Memory and Hibernation/Standby question

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok, thanks to a generous SatelliteGuy, I have now upgraded my ThinkPad Z60t from 1GB to 2GB of ram. Machine runs fine. office 2007 works great.

ONE issue though -- half the time when I hit Standby (I use this regularly) it starts to go into standby and then I come back to the machine and notice it is on. Open the screen, and Windows says "Can't complete the Api" -- after playing with it for awhile, it seems to occur once I have been running a lot of programs.

Second issue -- Hibernation. Half the time it refuses to hibernate. Same error.

I can perhaps understand the Hibernation issue; maybe the partition on the hidden D: is not large enough for the larger memory in usage? But not sure why Hibernation won't work.

Have not pulled the ram yet, but this problem is brand new with the ram change.

Any ideas of what to do to tweak? I have tried, but given all the other things going on, have not had as much time as I would like to troubleshoot.

(And I know, two threads in the same forum the same evening is pushing my quota for the day, but what the heck, I am an admin ;) :D )

Ok, thanks to a generous SatelliteGuy, I have now upgraded my ThinkPad Z60t from 1GB to 2GB of ram. Machine runs fine. office 2007 works great.

ONE issue though -- half the time when I hit Standby (I use this regularly) it starts to go into standby and then I come back to the machine and notice it is on. Open the screen, and Windows says "Can't complete the Api" -- after playing with it for awhile, it seems to occur once I have been running a lot of programs.

Second issue -- Hibernation. Half the time it refuses to hibernate. Same error.

I can perhaps understand the Hibernation issue; maybe the partition on the hidden D: is not large enough for the larger memory in usage? But not sure why Hibernation won't work.

Have not pulled the ram yet, but this problem is brand new with the ram change.

Any ideas of what to do to tweak? I have tried, but given all the other things going on, have not had as much time as I would like to troubleshoot.

(And I know, two threads in the same forum the same evening is pushing my quota for the day, but what the heck, I am an admin ;) :D )

I believe this will fix your problem!

The computer occasionally does not hibernate and you receive an "Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API" error message in Windows XP with Service Pack 2, in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, or in Windows XP Media Center Edition 200

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts