GBox/VBox wiring..What to use, where to buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
They made custom ribbon cable for BUDs back when, 2 coax +polarotor, + mover. We don't need all that wire now. But if you have a magnetic sensor would you need to have shielded wire? Ideally a cable with two 16gauge wires for the motor and a shielded 22gauge pair for the sensor would be nice. I have a four strand trailer light wiring for a VBox right now. It works but is it the right stuff? I heard of using underground irrigation wiring also. I would be interested in knowing the ups and downs of different wiring and what your experiences have been.

Not sure on the shielding part, but I used low voltage landscape wiring with no problems. Its got a good heavy rubber sheath on it and its not too too expensive. I think its the same stuff anyway as the irrigation wiring.

I use the 4 wire sprinkler wire, but not all the way to the dish, I have a junction box near the dish and have stranded wire going to the dish from there, on the theory that stranded wire is made to be flexed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts