GE 52" Widescreen HD-Ready Rear-Projection CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad link, page displays "does not exist". Anyway, I know of two people from work that have recently bought the GE 52 inch model #D52W20 from Circuit City and they say it is fantastic. When they bought it, it was on sale for 837.00, but I believe the sale is over now.

GE 52"

My husband and I bought the GE 52" TV in December 2004, and it stopped working at the end of January 2005. We couldn't get a picture, sound, or anything. GE agreed to fix it since it was under their one year warranty. The TV had three major things wrong with it. I called the company and spoke to the supervisor requesting our money back. If something is wrong now, there is no telling what will happen later. Their customer service reps are very nasty and they don't care about the consumer. Tara, the supervisor, said it was not her job to make customers happy. If you bought the TV, I hope you have success with it. As far as I'm concerned, their equipment is crappy.

I have the RCA 52" TV and don't have any problems with it (bought Nov '03). I think the GE is just a rebadged RCA model (RCA is silver, GE is black).

-John

wouldn't buy it. GE is too general, it even says it in their name. Since they don't specialize is electronics their not every good at making them. CR says that they are amoung the most unreliable TV's on the market, so is RCA-no wonder.
Buy a Sony, Mitsubishi, or Hitachi for rear projection CRT set's. Nothing else is really worth considering in the CRT market for afordable TV's. The el cheapo HDTV's are a complete waste of money, as most lack an HDCP rated input.
Whate ever you do end up getting, make sure it has a DVI or HDMI input with HDCP, otherwise DO NOT buy it.

The RCA has DVI-HDCP, as do most sets. I think even the AKAI (sp?) sets that typically run <800 have DVI.

However, we're talking analog CRT RPTVs here, so DVI won't be noticably better than HD component video.

-John

No, cheapo AKIA for the most part still don't have DVI-HDCP. They are terrible sets, RCA is also nothing great and unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.