General Hospital

They are saying on the soap sites that 2012 is the last year for General Hospital on ABC and they will move to the web along with All My Children & One Life to Live come 2013.

I think that when they move all Abc shows to the web I will tune out. I have been watching AMC , OLT since the mid 70's. I used to watch G.H. too , till they took Laura off. I did watch the reunion shows when Laura came back and remarried Luke, etc, but only the story about Luke and Laura. I really don't like it anymore since it turned to all MOB stories with Sony GH/Nico from AMC. It's time to move on after this year and tune out soaps all together.

I was thinking the same thing. I've watched all three for years and when the storylines have gone downhill in the past I just kept watching and they picked back up pretty quickly. Lately it seems the towns are getting smaller and smaller and the storylines just do not spring back. Although these days OLTL has been giving me a bit of entertainment trying to figure out where they are going I find myself skipping through a lot of GH and AMC.

For the past two years I have been powerwatching AMC (i.e., fastforward through the characters I don't like). It hasn't been until recently that I find myself watching most of the show, thanks to the return of all the crazies and formerly dead people brought back to life. I'm surprised we haven't seen Adam Chandler yet...and I have no idea what they're going to do when Zach returns. To be honest, when Adam and Zach left the show I almost completely lost interest. They should have gotten rid of Ryan and Greenleaf. Anyway, there's zero chance that I will follow this show online...especially after the story/actings have been watered-down again, and condenced into a 30-minute show with commercials you cannot skip.

Ok so Jason will wake up and be the old Jason Quartermaine and not remember a thing since the accident with AJ..... Wouldnt that be at least something interesting!!!!
I guess I will have more time for other tv shows soon. I MIGHT... and that is a BIG MIGHT.... watch OLTL online for a bit and see what happens. It might just be getting interesting right now because they are trying to end with a good story.

Well, I noticed our "final" timer for All My Children fired this afternoon. I never sat through a soap until I met my wife 11-years ago. It will be very strange going home and not having the show queued on the Tivo. I wonder if any of the Soaps can survive?

OK...
All My Children - stupid way to spend the last week on - I have no idea what they were thinking with that last episode.

General Hospital - Franco back - Dante shot - Been there done that.

One Life to Live - I think I'm going to miss this one when it is gone.

pffft - Not a thing! It's crazy Anthony and crazy Lisa..... well, at least crazy Lisa threw crazy Anthony overboard. I just FF through most of it.

Oh! We have a student named Mallory this year. That is the only other Mallory I have EVER known :)

I really don't see this show staying on past the summer. They need to make room for Katie Couric's new gab fest in September. I used to love GH back in the 70's and early 80's. Luke & Laura, Scotty , Mikos Cassedine and his freeze ray ,not to mention Liz Taylor playing Helena Cassedine. But after 1986 when Luke & Laura came back for a visit , I tuned out. I did watch the 25th anniversary of Luke & Laura's wedding/remarriage shows that ran for a week or two. I only watched the parts when they were in it, so I wouldn't get re-hooked to it. But I think ABC made a big mistake cancelling One Life to Live over keeping this show on. I heard about 4 characters from OLTL were coming to Gen.Hospital and so I tuned in to watch one episode to see what was going on. I was lost in a sea of Blond women with different 1 dimensional flat men . I was so bored , I tuned out after 20 minutes. In my opinion General Hospital should of been cancelled . OLTL was a better show with better more interesting characters. Either way I see this show going away , so I don't care how many of OLTL characters they import to G.H. because I won't be tuning in.