General Instruments DSR-4200V Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can a General Instruments DSR-4200V digicipher II commercial receiver be used to subscribe to 4DTV programming?

Maybe one channel at a time direct from the programmer if they will sell to you. If you want any versatility you need a 905, 920 or 922.

I believe a commercial digicipher like the DSR-4200V would also allow reception of zero key channels without having a subscription. Example: American Life TV on Galaxy 16.

I believe a commercial digicipher like the DSR-4200V would also allow reception of zero key channels without having a subscription. Example: American Life TV on Galaxy 16.

That should be true except ALTV is in U (Universal mode) not ZK. So if it's not subbed to anything else Im not sure if the commercial box would get it.

If you have access to one try it. If you have to spend good $$$ for it you would be better off picking up a consumer unit.

Commercial and business DC II's work differently then the consumer receivers. They only can receive one VCT at a time. Each time you change the mux you have to enter in the parameters and download that mux's VCT. Then if it's in ZK it should work. There also is U, & FP modes that are conditional ITC. Depending on how the 4200 handles it it may or may not work.

If I got a commercial box I would want one that can do megapipe, combo mode, like the DSR-4800.:)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

No problem. If you really want to enjoy the world of DCII, get a 922 and you'll be good to go. It's fun messing around trying to make other things work but sometimes you can spend more on this that and the other thing just to achieve what you wanted in the first place. :)

If you looking for a deal try ebay. I bought mine new at Skyvision and payed $399.00 for it. I looked at used 920's & 922's but decided Id be better off with a new one with a 1 year warranty. And Skyvision has a 30 day return policy also. It took 2 days from order phone call to my door. I was enjoying DC II within an hour or so of receiving it.

I'll PM you with a bit more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts