General rules and Guidelines of the Forum(s)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
As a reminder here are the GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES to remind everyone.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=200067

General rules and guidelines:

1. Please, be objective and respectful to others. Do not allow personal attacks.

2. Stay on topic! Do not deviate from the main topic of the thread and the scope of the forum. If you have a question or would like to make a comment that is unrelated to the topic of the thread, please do everyone a favor and find a thread with the corresponding topic, or start a new one.

3. When starting a new thread, pick the most appropriate sub-forum. For example, if the main purpose of the thread is to share opinions about VOOM, post it in the Customer Comments sub-forum; if you have a specific question and need help, post it in the Help Desk sub-forum, etc.

4. This is a family-oriented forum. Please watch your language, do not use inappropriate words or expressions.

5. Hack-talk and discussions of illegal activities are not allowed.

6. No SPAM or unauthorized advertising is allowed.

Moderators and administrators of this forum are asked to enforce these rules and guidelines and are authorized to delete, edit or move any postings at their sole discretion and without warning. Violators can be banned from this forum.

Also a tip.

If you think someone is a moron or idiot, put that user on your ignore list, and you will no longer see that members posts. :)

You can access the Ignore Feature from the User Control Panel. :D

Also, use the "!" (icon) to the left to report posts that do not follow these guidelines. We will look at it and decide if they indeed do not follow the guidelines. Sorry we had to result to this but it is the best for all.

Thanks to Vicki...I decided to use the "ignore" feature. I would rarely use it but used it for the first time last night. My pulse is back to normal,

voomster2 said:
But if you are a woman (Vicki) then personal attacks are allowed

prime example http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55662

Sean, how about banning ALL WHINING also???

Geez, people, get a life, and only comment on things pertaining to VOOM SATALITE TV ON THIS FORUM!!!

BTW, great job on your posts pertaining to the current issues, with the new Harmonics, Sean...I see the same stuff, but not sure if its due to owning a Sammy DLP, or the quality of the VOOM transmission...

Sean Mota said:
You are missing the point. She created the thread in the proper forum and it is using that thread to challenge those that have been doing exactly what we do not want in the main forums.
Ah, an "Open Letter" in a forum I don't read. That's fine with me. I'd be happy if all the hatred posts were made to the Chit Chat Forum so we could stick to News and Developments discussions here. It goes to motivation and spills into posts here sometimes, but that's what the
report.gif
is for.

JL

wase4711 said:
Sean, how about banning ALL WHINING also???

Geez, people, get a life, and only comment on things pertaining to VOOM SATALITE TV ON THIS FORUM!!!

BTW, great job on your posts pertaining to the current issues, with the new Harmonics, Sean...I see the same stuff, but not sure if its due to owning a Sammy DLP, or the quality of the VOOM transmission...

That we also do. However, we discuss carefully when someone has stepped over the boundary line. This week I had to ban a VOOM customer who went over that boundary.

Regarding the Sammy DLP, I have one and have seen the same thing on both the DLP and my LCD. It is not your Sammy DLP.

Sean Mota said:
You are missing the point. She created the thread in the proper forum and it is using that thread to challenge those that have been doing exactly what we do not want in the main forums.

Rule #1...

1. Please, be objective and respectful to others. Do not allow personal attacks.

I don't think I'm missing the point.
She's only "challenging" one person and has a link that directly points him out so newcomers can "challenge" him as well.

Ban those that attack and counterattack.
What's so hard to understand?

Am I really allowed to start an "Open Letter" in the Chit Chat forum attacking someone (with a link to his post) that I don't like rather than using the "ignore" feature?

voomster2 said:
Rule #1...

I don't think I'm missing the point.
She's only "challenging" one person and has a link that directly points him out so newcomers can "challenge" him as well.

Ban those that attack and counterattack.
What's so hard to understand?

Am I really allowed to start an "Open Letter" in the Chit Chat forum attacking someone (with a link to his post) that I don't like rather than using the "ignore" feature?

Voomster2 (or should I call you txcruiser), you were banned for life in this forum, yet we allow you to continue posting under another user name. Should we go ahead and ban your IP or your user name again? In order to follow the rules to the letter, we should really do that. Yet we didn't. It is to our discretion to delete, ban, or warn anyone. As it is the thread stands.

txcruiser was never banned. He call still log on today but his posts are hidden by all others.
My definition of banning means informing the person that he is not allowed to sign in.
Hiding posts is, please excuse this comment Vicki, the "girlie" way to handle it.

voomster2 said:
txcruiser was never banned. He call still log on today but his posts are hidden by all others.
My definition of banning means informing the person that he is not allowed to sign in.
Hiding posts is, please excuse this comment Vicki, the "girlie" way to handle it.

If you are in the ignore list of everyone is consider banning. It was decided that was the best course of action. Of course, there are various levels of banning. That one was applied to you. Again don't tell us how to run the site, we know how to run it and try to be fair to 18,000 members the best we can. The record of txcruiser speaks for itself in this forum. So please do not give us further reason to apply any higher measures. Thank you.

voomster2 said:

If no one can read your posts, I think that pretty well fits the description of being banned. :rolleyes:

If this board is unfair. . .

If you feel that this board is unfair, poorly run, misaligned, or any other fault or malformation, then go and do a better job. Open a forum, somewhere, anywhere, you can do at no cost.

Prove there is a better way. That is the true "Original" American Way. Go compete, go succeed, don't stay here and cry about it.

If you have been banned, or optimized into oblivion, and you feel slighted, quit playing with this group of kids, go find better like minded souls that will function at a higher order.

If your forum is better, I'll move to it. If your all alone, and can't find people to have fun with, maybe it would be time for some introspection. If "negative" is your fun qualifier, then go whine a in a whiners group.

If there is no whiners group, maybe that is your road to success.

Very well said...

67Yv8t said:
If you feel that this board is unfair, poorly run, misaligned, or any other fault or malformation, then go and do a better job. Open a forum, somewhere, anywhere, you can do at no cost.

Prove there is a better way. That is the true "Original" American Way. Go compete, go succeed, don't stay here and cry about it.

If you have been banned, or optimized into oblivion, and you feel slighted, quit playing with this group of kids, go find better like minded souls that will function at a higher order.

If your forum is better, I'll move to it. If your all alone, and can't find people to have fun with, maybe it would be time for some introspection. If "negative" is your fun qualifier, then go whine a in a whiners group.

If there is no whiners group, maybe that is your road to success.

I concur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)