Genie Client (C31) Wifi Remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I use an iphone app "DirectVR" to control my receivers sometimes. I just added a genie client, however, I see that it is not controllable via wifi.
Is there some way to do it?

I thought I read somewhere that C31 doesn't have IP Control enabled yet, but would eventually. I think your remote app for your iphone uses IP Control feature.

I do not see a unique IP for the client in my router. So it defnitely does not have its own IP yet. I am NOT using DECA. Could that be the reason? I have an ethernet cable going directly to the HR34 and my other receivers.

I will try the ipad app later tonight.

Respectfully, Mr. Crandall, the latest version of the app for iPad now supports C31 control. Turn on the C31 and once it is on you can choose it like any other receiver.

The C31 uses a link local IP address and does not rely on your router's DHCP server. All communications between the C31 and the outside world are handled by the HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts