Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Hi Guys, I had the Genie system installed over a year ago (HR34, 3 clients) and about once a month once of my clients does not work... When I go to turn my bedroom client on it comes up with a black screen. I reset the client, it shows the blue "restarting" screen, then the screen goes black again. I have tried everything, and I thought maybe the Directv switch has a glitch in it so I switched the inputs and still this happens. The client will not work the rest of the night until the next day. I have even tried switching clients when this happens and the client I put there still does not work. Is this a wiring problem? I'm stumped. Thanks for the help

Hi Guys, I had the Genie system installed over a year ago (HR34, 3 clients) and about once a month once of my clients does not work... When I go to turn my bedroom client on it comes up with a black screen. I reset the client, it shows the blue "restarting" screen, then the screen goes black again. I have tried everything, and I thought maybe the Directv switch has a glitch in it so I switched the inputs and still this happens. The client will not work the rest of the night until the next day. I have even tried switching clients when this happens and the client I put there still does not work. Is this a wiring problem? I'm stumped. Thanks for the help
If you move a different client to that location and that does not work then it looks like you have a cabling problem of some sort.

Is that something that Direct will fix or should I call the local company that I used to wire my home and initially set up the Directv?

The genie streams data to the clients for them to operate and is very critical that all wall plates or 3 GHz and all the wire is RG six and all fittings the perfect or it will not work perfectly that means no crampon fittings they crush the wire and change the shape

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

DirecTV supplies all material to spec for insulation usually when I was a car employee of DirecTV comes to a job it's using up to spec with so I would call DirecTV for proper insulation Henderes a warranty for 90 days if there is an issue so no charge to you

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts