Genie clients losing connection with remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
I have a genie HR34. recently in the past two weeks my two genie clients have been losing connection with their remotes. I do run both clients in RF mode and this is getting very frustrating. I have had these for over a year and this problem just started after a recent service call where I was getting signal loss message on my tv. I had a service call and the tech replaced a bunch of older wire and the LNB. No the bedroom client loses any type of connection to the genie client receiver, tv will still work. I called directv when this happened on my other genie client and we wnet through the process of resetting the remote with pushing mute+select>push channelup>enter. This reverts the remote back to original state in ir mode and no tv control. Very frustrating having to do this multiple times a week and even a day, HELP!!! The main Genie box never has this problem since it is always in IR mode, due to my ir transmitter setup I have on it.

I am assuming you have a RC6x remote, correct?

Did you changed batteries on those remotes?

Perhaps a red button reset...

Why not use one of the apps like DirecTV's on your tablet or phone. I use the RC-71 in IR mode on one of our C31 clients. Never any issues with it. Using the app, allows you to connect to a particular receiver through your Network, to change channels, or use the built in remote on the app.

Why not use one of the apps like DirecTV's on your tablet or phone. I use the RC-71 in IR mode on one of our C31 clients. Never any issues with it. Using the app, allows you to connect to a particular receiver through your Network, to change channels, or use the built in remote on the app.
Using your tablet or phone to change a channel when you have the remote right there ?

Using your tablet or phone to change a channel when you have the remote right there ?
Yes. You can see in the guide what it is about, while still watching what is up on the tv, then either set the recording, or use the app. A lot of people go this route, when having whole house Audio or Video, when the equipment is in a room or a closet.

The problem with the RC-71, is that no matter how many times you have tried holding it, it feels odd. Same with the other remotes. It is getting to the point that everything is network capable, so that they can controlled through a app user interface, vs. a bunch of remotes, or having to use a bulky remote.

Yes. You can see in the guide what it is about, while still watching what is up on the tv, then either set the recording, or use the app. A lot of people go this route, when having whole house Audio or Video, when the equipment is in a room or a closet.

The problem with the RC-71, is that no matter how many times you have tried holding it, it feels odd. Same with the other remotes. It is getting to the point that everything is network capable, so that they can controlled through a app user interface, vs. a bunch of remotes, or having to use a bulky remote.
While I agree that the 71 remote stinks and D* was DUMB to change frequencies from the old White one, I love my remote, only one I use now and not bulky at all, I bought it because it does what I need it to (and then some actually) and it fits my hand great.
URC MX-890 :hatsoff2 :)

The problem many may have with this is the inability of the user to program easily and the cost, but Hey, the place I bought it have some of my best friend working there, so I rarely ever have any issues with programming.

I hate dealing with the larger sized ones, that is why I put the RC-71 in our bedroom. My son has a Samsung Smart TV in his room, that uses an IR "Hockey Puck" that allows him to change channels with the standard tv remote, instead of having to juggle between the two different ones, if he wishes to watch Netflix, or a movie on his PS3.

I am almost to the point that we barely watch anything on the Satellite feeds. Lately I have been watching a lot of Netflix, because of my back causing me to be couch bound. And the fact that everything that plays during the day, is pretty much repeats on a lot of channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)