Genie Connection Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lindbev1

Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Atlanta
I have a DirecTV Genie and two mini Genies. When I go to add the second mini (add client, get pin, etc) I get an error that tells me to call DirecTV with the note "You have reached the maximum number of locations for your account." I've spent literally hours on the phone with support and they have sent TWO techs out. No one seems to be able to solve this. I can replace the existing location but not add. Driving us nuts that we have to keep overriding the settings on the mini boxes. Any ideas? Thought I'd try here before waiting on a third service call. Many thanks in advance!! :)

Have you logged into your account online to see how many you have on your account?
Or call and ask what they think you have.
Also, what are the locations to which they refer?
Maybe, it's really the number of boxes you have?
More info is helpful.

You can go to directv.com/help and find where it lets you resend authorizations... Or call. Either way, it's not your fault and that happens sometimes during initial setup.

This would happen if your account shows you only have one client when you should have two. Service calls will not help. You need to check your account, and if it only shows one client, call and talk to a CSR, explain what is going on and ask them to add a client.

:welcome to Satelliteguys lindbev1 and Pinoyxprss!

Ya if it not showing you have 1 or 2 Clint's it will say you have reached the number of Clint's so call directv and ask them haw many Clint's and check to see if the S/# are the same one you have

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)