GENIE: Continuity Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chasfh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I just traded in an early model DTV DVR for a Genie, and I like it pretty well. There is a question I have about, for lack of a better term, continuity.

On the old model, when I woke up in the morning and flipped on the TV and DTV box, it would allow me to rewind and watch up to the prior 90 minutes of the channel it was on overnight. With the Genie, though, it doesn't allow me to do that. It starts right from the point at which I turned on the TV.

However, it's not totally consistent, either. Maybe 20% of the time, it allows me to rewind. The rest of the time, it starts from that very point.

Does anyone know how it decides to allow rewinding when I turn on the box and how it decides to start from that point, and/or what setting I can change to allow me to rewind all the time when I turn it on?

It's a known problem. Possibly it will get fixed sometime.

yeah its a known issue (been posted here a few times)

The one that REALLY bothers me is lets say you are watching a recorded program from the DVR. When you're done and exit out sometimes the receiver dumps what it buffered on the channel.
Sometimes it doesn't

It's a known problem. Possibly it will get fixed sometime.

OK, so I'm not crazy for noticing or wanting that.

I suppose I could leave it on, although the DTV remote button is programmed for turning both the TV and box on and off. Would have to work a second remote just for this.

yeah its a known issue (been posted here a few times)

The one that REALLY bothers me is lets say you are watching a recorded program from the DVR. When you're done and exit out sometimes the receiver dumps what it buffered on the channel.
Sometimes it doesn't

Wow, I haven't noticed this one yet. That's kind of terrible.

have had it happen a few times and it always seems like the one time I really want it to buffer it dumps it.
and there is no rhyme or reason as to when it will

Status
Please reply by conversation.