Genie HR54 For Any New Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Waiting for my new install today & installer just called to confirm my request for a HR44. He asked why specifically a 44 as they are only installing HR54s now, 4k or no 4k tv present. I specifically asked for the HR44 because I have no 4k tvs & saw on the forum here that HR34s are still being installed on some installations. Installer to arrive in a couple hours so wanted to know what are the true facts, do I need a 4k tv to get the HR54 or not? Installer seems pretty certain as he said that's all he's been installing in the S. Florida area recently.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was just talking with my guys at work earlier in the week and they have been installing 54's for all of the HR installs for awhile now. :)
I asked about 4k needing to be there and said No.

Probably varies by market according to what thier stock is currently.

Reactions: dalyew
Thanks Jimbo, good to know. He's installing the new Dish as we speak. Also noticed this morning the Live stream on the app started working this morning, it wasn't up to a couple days ago before the installation. Very impressed the speed of the loading of the Live stream although the installation hadn't even started yet. 3 TVS plus the streaming app, NFL Sunday Ticket & Choice & HD Xtra pack for $70 per month inclusive of taxes & fees for the next 2 years wasn't enough for me to come back to D* from "cord cutting"

I was just talking with my guys at work earlier in the week and they have been installing 54's for all of the HR installs for awhile now. :)
I asked about 4k needing to be there and said No.

Probably varies by market according to what thier stock is currently.

I would be very interested if they put in the LNB for the 4k also?

Waiting for my new install today & installer just called to confirm my request for a HR44. He asked why specifically a 44 as they are only installing HR54s now, 4k or no 4k tv present. I specifically asked for the HR44 because I have no 4k tvs & saw on the forum here that HR34s are still being installed on some installations. Installer to arrive in a couple hours so wanted to know what are the true facts, do I need a 4k tv to get the HR54 or not? Installer seems pretty certain as he said that's all he's been installing in the S. Florida area recently.

Hey, Be very careful. You may ask for one specific type of receiver and even have it confirmed by phone with a CSRep at Directv. That doesn't mean that - that is what is going to be brought to your home. I've had my order confirmed by phone, and an entirely different receiver installed. Make sure that you ask the installer (the moment he walks in the door) what equipment he intends to install at your home. I had to fight tooth and nail, thinking that what I had confirmed by way of phone call was what I was getting. Let the customer be ware. They will switch your equipment and give yo what "they" think you need in a bat of an eye. And you'll be left holding the bag, if you are not careful.

Thank God, I got my HR54 to be installed and the HR44 to be replaced as of this coming Monday without charge. Whew, it was frustrating at first, but in the end, it all worked out. Be Careful.

*POSTED after your installation* OOPS

Why would you want an HR44 over an HR54?

Also the 4K minis will work with any HDTV as long as you have an HDMI connection as there is no component or composit outputs.

You might as well get 4K equipment
It was posted on this forum that you couldn't get an HR54 unless you had a 4k tv & paid for the Ultimate package. Since I had no plans of buying neither of them, & seeing posts that HR34s were sometimes still being installed for new accounts, I just made a special note on my order to make sure I was at least getting a 44. I was pleasantly surprised when the installer told me he had only 54s & that's all they were installing since mid August, contradicting what I first saw here that it wasn't possible to order a HR54 Genie unless I was ordering a 4k install.

Btw, the installation went very well. The tech even trimmed some branches of a tree that he thought would have potentially degrade the signal a bit & all in all was very knowledgeable, efficient & quick in his work. I wanted to give him a good tip before he left but he departed before I could do so. I have his number so hopefully I can get him to come back or arrange to get it to him somehow. Not sure what ATT rules are about this nowadays.

Been playing around with the service all night & it's even better than I remembered it when I last had D* a couple years ago. Coming back from cord cutting, I would say with what D* is offering with it's new 2 year promo, anyone with 2 or more household members should be looking at D*. The new app, On Demand, DVR & the ability to use your account to authorize all the other channels apps like History, A&E, Science, etc., those alone make it worth the cost.

I always said, once these providers bring our subscription cost for TV & internet to $100 or less monthly for a decent package like the Choice or Choice Xtra, they can take my money anytime. It's those $150 to $200 per month bills for TV only, that's just a little too rich for my blood (pockets) .

Installers are using whatever thay have on the truck.That means in some areas it's HR44, in others (and a growing number) it's HR54s. But the same advice previously posted still applies. You can't order an Hr54 unless you have 4K, but depending on the luck of the (installer) draw you might get one.
I've seen the posts about some people getting HR34s but I certainly would not accept one.

Reactions: Jimbo and Jvfan57
Looks like I got the luck of the draw then in waiting a month for the new install. I wanted to do it in early August but wanted to make sure I was ready to come back from cord cutting.

Not getting a 4k tv till I can get a reasonably priced 75" with HDR which I think won't be till end of next year. Hopefully by then there will be more & better 4k content available, but it's good to know I at least have the correct receiver already in place, with only a C61 & the programming to order when I'm ready.

You can't order an HR54 without 4k service, but if that's all they have then obviously that's what you will get.

Anybody have any insight into the next upgrade to the Genie? Perhaps a larger hard drive or more tuners? Can "D" include something like Dish's Auto Hop or is that technology protected somehow.

Anybody have any insight into the next upgrade to the Genie? Perhaps a larger hard drive or more tuners? Can "D" include something like Dish's Auto Hop or is that technology protected somehow.

I hoping for a DVR that can handle 4K w/o need for mini. A CPU & RAM that can handle serial list for 200 or add space for serials that are on hiatus. Dump the internal HDD. Only used external storage. And of course more tuners.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts